+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #166531
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,136
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I think I just dont care as much as everyone else does about it. I mean, I know a lot about it, so I do well...I just think people are way too intense about it, and feel the need to discuss fantasy sports more than it matters lol.
    Rule #1 of fantasy sports: Nobody else in the world...ever....gives a flying **** about YOUR fantasy team. No exceptions.
    Lol oh man I am so guilty of that..... My roommates who don't play fantasy taught me that the hard way

  2. #166532
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,532
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Lol oh man I am so guilty of that..... My roommates who don't play fantasy taught me that the hard way
    like even people in the same leagues try to talk shop...and you literally have to tell them "dude I dont care...i dont WANT to be rude...but as soon as you say "my team" i dont even pay attention until the topic changes" lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  3. #166533
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    As for this GMB fantasy league, are there open spots still?

    And are you guys playing for $ or is a "for fun" league, whatever that is..
    Well there are 2 leagues.
    There is the original THEE thread FF league which is for blood. (MMB and Blondie run that one)
    Then there is the "other" GMB league that started a few years ago that 820 runs.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #166534
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well there are 2 leagues.
    There is the original THEE thread FF league which is for blood. (MMB and Blondie run that one)
    Then there is the "other" GMB league that started a few years ago that 820 runs.
    meaning the GMB B league, or just another altogether now?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #166535
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    meaning the GMB B league, or just another altogether now?
    No...The B league is a thing of the past.
    This is a new one started a few years ago.

    And I had to talk a whole crapload of smack just to get folks interested in it last year.
    Get well soon 80.

  6. #166536
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No...The B league is a thing of the past.
    This is a new one started a few years ago.

    And I had to talk a whole crapload of smack just to get folks interested in it last year.
    Is it a for money league and is it IDP or team D?

  7. #166537
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,523
    League was still pretty much a dud, MS. There needs to be money involved, which will be the case this year.

  8. #166538
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,523
    Team D. IDP...too exotic.

  9. #166539
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,808
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    League was still pretty much a dud, MS. There needs to be money involved, which will be the case this year.
    Didn't we do like $10.00 last year?.

    Maybe we should do something like $20.00 with winner take all. No prize for sloppy seconds.
    Get well soon 80.

  10. #166540
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,523
    No money at all. I think $20 should be the fee, and yeah, winner takes all.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts