Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Sigh.... Had this debate with Drez in the other thread that got shut down. No one will change anyone else's mind on this issue but I am really getting sick of those who think others are evil or hateful because they disagree on changing the definition of marriage.

I agree with gay marriage and even I think the LGBT mafia is relentless with destroying people who differ with them. Even Bill Maher, the biggest liberal and LGBT supporter called them a mafia and said there's something unsettling about what happened to the Firefox CEO. The man treated gay people with utter decency and kindness and gave gay couples the same benefits of hetero couples and never expressed a single feeling of hatred to anyone but he was fired solely because he supported legislation for keeping marriage between one man and one woman. The mafia called him a hater and a bigot.
    you use the word mafia a lot....

though I dont think a lot of these issues involve organized crime.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    The problem with the media regarding all minorities is if you have a different view your labeled a racist or a bigot.
    If you want the National Guard on the border and send the illegals back, racist.
    If you dont believe in a gay marriage, bigot.
    If you think gang violence and broken homes are the real problem instead of "gun violence", racist.
    Every police encounter that goes awry is "police brutality"

Controversy sells.
    If you don't believe in gay marriage, you are bigoted.. I mean, you're saying that you don't think that all people should have the same rights and protections under the law. I don't know how that isn't bigoted.

The others are more nuanced positions where taking a black and white position is not a good idea.

Tony Dungy is completely innocent.
    What a shame, the amount of backlash he has received.

Please support.

+100....if you think there's a problem with the disproportionate killings based on religion by people who are fundamentalist Muslims, you're an islamophobe.... And the list goes on.
    Well that's how it works. They throw name calling out there like "You're a Racist" or "You're a homaphobe" to shut down the debate.
    When they kill the discussion, they don't have to argue their position. they don't have to explain what the name calling means.
    And when we shut down debate, we never move forward. We continue the divisions. There can never be consensus.

It's what they do. they NEED boogie men to blame.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post

though I dont think a lot of these issues involve organizaed crime.
    Lol you know what I mean you smartass.... In any case those are Bill Maher's words, not mine. And probably one of the few times I agreed with that fool

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post

though I dont think a lot of these issues involve organizaed crime.
    The fact that he's equating a group that is fighting for equal rights to the mafia shows his disconnect with reality on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I agree! Like I said, im familiar with his views, and i think THIS story is STILL completely ridiculous.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Then he should have chosen his words more carefully. Saying "because things will happen," sounds much more ominous (and considering his fundamentalist religious views, like he would not do much to prevent it), than "the media coverage will be a distraction."

Most likely, he was just talking about the distraction caused by the media, but that's certainly not how it came out.

Lol you know what I mean you smartass.... In any case those are Bill Maher's words, not mine. And probably one of the few times I agreed with that fool
    I dont think I've ever seen Bill Maher. is he TV or radio these days?
    Oderint Dum Metuant