Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    +100....if you think there's a problem with the disproportionate killings based on religion by people who are fundamentalist Muslims, you're an islamophobe.... And the list goes on.
    I dont want to sound like a complete Obma hater, which I am, but this whole issue has gotten worse since he started running for president and constantly playing the race card. Even Bill and Hillary said so.
    Did you hear Holder last week??? Its funny if it werent so sad and pathetic. Anyone that blames the color of their skin for the inability to do their job is weak in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If you don't believe in gay marriage, you are bigoted.. I mean, you're saying that you don't think that all people should have the same rights and protections under the law. I don't know how that isn't bigoted.
    Ok so by your own definition, if you are against an incestuous marriage; in which both parties choose not to procreate, you are also a bigot who doesn't believe in same rights and protections under the law.

That is perfectly analogous using your definition of bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well that's how it works. They throw name calling out there like "You're a Racist" or "You're a homaphobe" to shut down the debate.
    When they kill the discussion, they don't have to argue their position. they don't have to explain what the name calling means.
    And when we shut down debate, we never move forward. We continue the divisions. There can never be consensus.

It's what they do. they NEED boogie men to blame.
    Well, when those that oppose gay marriage actually have an argument that is defensible, we can have that discussion. So far, there is no argument against gay marriage that is nothing more than bigotry and/or superstition.

Then he should have chosen his words more carefully. Saying "because things will happen," sounds much more ominous (and considering his fundamentalist religious views, like he would not do much to prevent it), than "the media coverage will be a distraction."
    Essentially that's what he ended up doing.
    But still, he never said anything negative about Sam in the first place.

Hopefully people understand now.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Ok so by your own definition, if you are against an incestuous marriage; I'm which both parties choose not to procreate, you are also a bigot who doesn't believe in same rights and protections under the law.

That is perfectly analogous using your definition of bigotry.
    Nice straw man. You got that thing scaring off crows in a field?

Does anyone else think this is an unreasonable request?:
    I'm being asked next week to drive 1 hour to middletown, ny to work only for 4 hours, on my half day....and then drive an hour home. And they say "we'll pay you for 30 mins of travel time, plus mileage."

Well, obviously mileage is included, but why 30 mins? it takes me 2 hours and 10 mins in total travel time. Why wouldn't they pay me for the whole thing? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

If you don't believe in gay marriage, you are bigoted.. I mean, you're saying that you don't think that all people should have the same rights and protections under the law. I don't know how that isn't bigoted.

The others are more nuanced positions where taking a black and white position is not a good idea.
    From a legal perspective you are completely wrong. Certainly it's different from a social or even political perspective.

When one makes the "equal protection under the law" argument they assume that there can only be marriage with a romantic relationship.

If all marriage is is a standing under the law, then the equal protection claim must extend to ANY two people who want to get married, even if it's just for tax or financial reasons.
    Otherwise you are denying all Americans equal rights under the law.

So if a Mother and Son, in a completely appropriate relationship want to get married for tax reasons, aren't you denying them equal protection under the law by prohibiting it.
    This is why the legal argument is off base. It assumes that marriage can't be extended to simply a function to improve your financial situation.

But..once you describe "marriage" as a bond created from a sexual or romantic relationship, which is completely subjective, then you bring in socially accepted norms.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I dont think I've ever seen Bill Maher. is he TV or radio these days?
    Real Time with Bill Maher.

HBO.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

The fact that he's equating a group that is fighting for equal rights to the mafia shows his disconnect with reality on this issue.
    Yea that was a term Bill Maher coined. It's nice to know you are to the left of Bill friggin Maher.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/04/05...ozilla-firefox

Morehead, tell me I was 100% correct.
    Eat crow right now, or stop posting here. I wont even rub it in your face. I just need you to admit that I was citing fact, JUST so you could not debate something so silly.
    Oderint Dum Metuant