Dez you found 1 stat, so good job....it doesn't change the fact that Nicks was an "ok" WR, and was barely cracking the top 15 on anyone's list who isn't a Giants homer. Sad fact, as a Giants fan, but it's 100% true. Nick was a good player....but I was never on board with the "he's elite" or w/e people were preaching here.

Reminds me of when people here and in TAGF would flame me because I said anyone could do what Bradshaw did behind our old O-line.....Bradshaw was a dime a dozen RB....loved him because he was a Giant, but I wasn't homerish enough as some of you to believe that he was good....

Guess who was right back then, and is still right on this? JPizzack....
    too many mouths to feed in Indy since they are pass-first team with no run game....he's a 3rd option on that roster if you ask me.
    Last edited by JPizzack; 08-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I ranked them all on receptions and yardage, not scores...Gronkowski averages over 10 TDs a season, but much less yardage since he's a red zone target.

all those guys had no name QBs throwing to them on low scoring teams. their upside is that they hauled in EVERYTHING you threw at them!
    lol shuuut up. You ranked them on rec and yards. Who does that?
    You just got owned, take it like a man. Nicks was a "stud" muffin.

Dez you found 1 stat, so good job....it doesn't change the fact that Nicks was an "ok" WR, and was barely cracking the top 15 on anyone's list who isn't a Giants homer. Sad fact, as a Giants fan, but it's 100% true. Nick was a good player....but I was never on board with the "he's elite" or w/e people were preaching here.

Reminds me of when people here and in TAGF would flame me because I said anyone could do what Bradshaw did behind our old O-line.....Bradshaw was a dime a dozen RB....loved him because he was a Giant, but I wasn't homerish enough as some of you to believe that he was good....
    One stat? You mean the only stat the produces points? lol
    10 and 11 he was one of the best in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    lol shuuut up. You ranked them on rec and yards. Who does that? You just got owned, take it like a man. Nicks was a "stud" muffin.
    Every stats page I looked at? FootballReference.com(my favorite site), NFL.com, ESPN....they all start with receptions when they look at stat leaders
    I think receptions and yardage shows more reliablilty than just TDs as a stat...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Every stats page I looked at? FootballReference.com(my favorite site), NFL.com, ESPN....they all start with receptions when they look at stat leaders
    I think receptions and yardage shows more reliablilty than just TDs as a stat...
    lol And in baseball they all start with At bats. Youre point?

One stat? You mean the only stat the produces points? lol
    10 and 11 he was one of the best in the league.
    lol so TDs are the only thing that make someone good? ok then

I guess Brandon Jacobs was a better RB on the Giants in 2006 since he had almost double the TDs than Tiki despite having 1100 yards less....logic.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

lol And in baseball they all start with At bats. Youre point?
    are you kidding right now?!?! the number of receptions is a VERY telling stat!!! the number of targets a WR gets definitely speaks to his quality. If those translate to receptions, there's literally nothing more you can ask for!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

lol so TDs are the only thing that make someone good? ok then

I guess Brandon Jacobs was a better RB on the Giants in 2006 since he had almost double the TDs than Tiki despite having 1100 yards less....logic.
    So is your point that Nicks wasnt as consistent as the Wr you mentioned? Lets keep in mind that Nicks missed a few games during those early years as well
    Youll have to explain to me how putting up points isnt consistency.

So is your point that Nicks wasnt as consistent as the Wr you mentioned? Lets keep in mind that Nicks missed a few games during those early years as well
    Youll have to explain to me how putting up points isnt consistency.
    Read my post after that....i think it makes more sense than back and forth banter. in fact, im surprised you don't agree
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Though I'm glad Washington and Harris are getting 1st team reps on offense this week, because the more talent the better... I'm a bit disappointed that JJ hasn't been that impressive. I really thought this year would be his coming out party......guess not >.>
    Oderint Dum Metuant