1. #206331
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,190
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Im not religious by any means. Its not a left or right thing, its fact. Founding Fathers were a bunch of Protestants. Read the Declaration.
    Your problem seems to be with the people who hide behind religion.
    Yes, they were religious, but they recognized the danger behind having direct religious representation in the government.

    I like how youre telling me to read the Declaration.....but, based on that it seems you have no idea what is actually in that document. I assure you it has NOTHING to do with founding anything on religion.

    So I ask in the nicest way I know how:
    What the **** are you babbling about?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  2. #206332
    All-Pro jmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Do you masturbate in front of a mirror too?
    Doesn't everybody?

  3. #206333
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38,684
    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    Doesn't everybody?
    You know know it.

  4. #206334
    All-Pro jmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yes, they were religious, but they recognized the danger behind having direct religious representation in the government.

    I like how youre telling me to read the Declaration.....but, based on that it seems you have no idea what is actually in that document. I assure you it has NOTHING to do with founding anything on religion.

    So I ask in the nicest way I know how:
    What the **** are you babbling about?
    some quotes

    Nature's God entitle them
    they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
    While not specifically religious the belief in god in itself is religious and the existence of said god is put forth as fact in the creating document of this country. Personally I have no issue with the choice of words since most people in the world do acknowledge a god in some way shape or form and all the people in that room obviously did as well. They were not really concerned with the PC backlash from the media at the time.

    Could you imagine if this took place in 2016?

  5. #206335
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY. Heeltown, USA
    Posts
    35,190
    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    some quotes





    While not specifically religious the belief in god in itself is religious and the existence of said god is put forth as fact in the creating document of this country. Personally I have no issue with the choice of words since most people in the world do acknowledge a god in some way shape or form and all the people in that room obviously did as well. The were not really concerned with the PC backlash from the media at the time.

    Could you imagine if this took place in 2016?
    Yea, it's referring to natural law....it's saying it doesn't matter who you are, we all have rights.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

  6. #206336
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38,684
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yes, they were religious, but they recognized the danger behind having direct religious representation in the government.

    I like how youre telling me to read the Declaration.....but, based on that it seems you have no idea what is actually in that document. I assure you it has NOTHING to do with founding anything on religion.

    So I ask in the nicest way I know how:
    What the **** are you babbling about?
    You guys get so angry. haha
    I dont see whats wrong with saying religion helped shape this country. This is what they practiced, how they lived. It was apart of them.
    So whats “Nature's God,” “Creator,” and “Divine Providence.”?
    Did that just happen to pop into TJs head?
    Why did they swear on the bible in court? "Swear to tell the whole truth, so help you God?"
    Things like that are everywhere. Its apart of history. Because it was "founded" by Protestants doesnt mean there isnt separation of Church and State.

  7. #206337
    All-Pro jmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea, it's referring to natural law....it's saying it doesn't matter who you are, we all have rights.
    So then why the need to mention god twice? Could have been covered without it. Their own personal religious beliefs had a hand in what they wrote, but more because it was part of who they are, not because they wanted religion to have any hold on the governing of the people. One of the principles they believed in was separating church and state and was a founding belief of the country. An argument could be made that their own religious beliefs led them to want to separate them, but to me that is a far cry from being "founded on Christian values". So yes, I agree with you pizzer.

  8. #206338
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38,684
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    .it's saying it doesn't matter who you are, we all have rights.
    who said it wasnt?

  9. #206339
    All-Pro jmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    You know know it.
    Is that hairgel?


  10. #206340
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    38,684
    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    So then why the need to mention god twice? Could have been covered without it. Their own personal religious beliefs had a hand in what they wrote, but more because it was part of who they are, not because they wanted religion to have any hold on the governing of the people. One of the principles they believed in was separating church and state and was a founding belief of the country. An argument could be made that their own religious beliefs led them to want to separate them, but to me that is a far cry from being "founded on Christian values". So yes, I agree with you pizzer.
    If its how they lived, wouldnt it be based on their values?
    You just help prove my point and then said but I agree with you Pizz. Are you trolling one of us?
    Last edited by dezzzR; 07-19-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts