Quote Originally Posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't know you lol.
    Lol you live in Teaneck?
    Mood: WOOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    His grasp of "science" is beyond anything any of us can imagine. His intellect is elite.
    He is also a Christian who believes in the teachings of the Bible. So what? How does this effect who he is or what impact he can have on the world around him.

A little Christian tolerance isn't such a bad thing here.
    I think what Zim is trying to say is don't let your faith blind facts and reason. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian or any other religion.
    Or atheist, agnostic, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Lol you live in Teaneck?

No but I was hanging there a bunch in the 80's
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

I think what Zim is trying to say is don't let your faith blind facts and reason. There is nothing wrong with being a Christian or any other religion.
    Or atheist, agnostic, whatever.
    Amen to that... you summed it up exactly right. He can believe ****roaches are God, since no one can ever prove him wrong... he can believe in voodoo and I'm OK... but, scientific carbon dating is something he should know, as a scientist, is damned accurate.

The gods are mans creation to give answers they are too afraid to give themselves.

Ohh, we getting deep in here.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    The gods are mans creation to give answers they are too afraid to give themselves.

That didn't make any sense

That didn't make any sense
    Sure it does, think about it.
    Its allllll about hope.

"No hope on dope".
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Amen to that... you summed it up exactly right. He can believe ****roaches are God, since no one can ever prove him wrong... he can believe in voodoo and I'm OK... but, scientific carbon dating is something he should know, as a scientist, is damned accurate.
    You know what is fun. The number of things that science knew and proved and was damned accurate about.....until they found they were completely wrong due to new science.

So my question is, what makes the now science any less fallable than the then science?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post

We are the gods' creations, but we fail to understand them.