Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Agree 100%. Giants had a chance to build a nice stadium. I went to many games at the Titans stadium in the 90's, and it's really nice. I was at Giants Stadium for football, soccer, and concerts... my first Dead concert was there. That stadium was excellent, in most every way except for the paucity of shops compared to what they wanted. More ways to get the patron's dollar.
    It's hard to believe anyone approved the concept drawings of this new crapola. I won't complain about the field and new video screens, but outside the field is a nightmare hodgepodge. The system of stairs from bottom to top is liked someone on acid conceived them.. The escalators are OK... but you have to walk a long way on every level to get to the start up to the next level, instead of that new beginning to the next level being right there. Again, whoever designed everything outside the field was a crazed maniac.
    That dead show wasn't in 1989 was it?

Sarcasman, was there

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    That dead show wasn't in 1989 was it?

Sarcasman, was there
    No... it was June 17, 1991. Went with my youngest son and about 10 of his friends. I met his current girlfriend then... she was from Spain and didn't speak a lick of English. She was over here as a nanny, and then went back to Spain at the end of the summer.... and, that was the end of that Then, 20 years later they found each other on the net and she came over here and they got married almost 2 years ago. Her English is great now.
    My first experience at a Dead concert... there were about 60 thou inside the stadium while they performed, and at least that many still out in the parking lot.
    This was before the cell phone days and I came from PA, and they came in two cars from the Jersey Shore. I walked around the Giant parking lots for 1.5 hours before I found them. Good thing there were 10 of them... they took turns scouring the lots to find Papa Z... and, the party was on. My first and last experience with shrooms... they did absolutely zero to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    We need more black folk on the boards
    I grew up in an African village, plus cleaned boilers and chimneys for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    cleaned boilers and chimneys for 30 years.
    Nothin wrong with makin an honest living.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

There must be more. No one really speaks about it. It's just not an important fact... but, it is cool to know more about our Giant brethren.
    I enjoy knowing which of the peeps are female. I love a woman who can hold her own in sports talk.
    Well, I just love woman, amen.... But, being sports minded is a plus. My wife hated football until I brought her to her first game in 1976, when she was 30, and she saw how cute some of the players were without a helmet... we were 19 rows up from the Giant bench. THEN, they became more interesting to her and she became a Giant fanatic in every sense. Ya gotta start somewhere.
    We need a Poll. There are other facts I'd like to have revealed, too.... age, gender, whether or not you ever lived in the NY Metro area.... if you never did, how did you get interested in the Gmen?"This will be good practice for you, Rudy... for your run at the Presidency... you need to get a pulse of your first Rudyites fan base.
    age: Old enough to know better, young enough to not care
    Lived in NY area but not for very long and not until I was an adult. Became a Giants fan because my dad was one. When he immegrated here he quickly became a fan of football and baseball and latched onto the Giants. He never did tell me why the Giants over the Jets, seeing as the Giants were not the better team back then.

White, Male, 70 (older than dirt).
    I was a Jet fan... born in Jamaica, Queens... grew up metro NY area and have always been close to NY... until my wife's aunt Jean, who was a Giant season ticket holder since 1943, and didn't drive a car, decided I would be her chauffer and game mate for all the Giant preseason and regular season games at the Yale bowl starting in 1968. From going to the games and sitting near the Giant bench, and listening to aunt Jean talk about her Giants 24/7. I was converted to the Gmen. Then in '76 when they moved to the Meadowlands, I went to virtually every game thereafter.
    Some dirt is about 3.9 billion years old. So not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    Nothin wrong with makin an honest living.
    We used to save the mummified squirrels from previous jobs, and tell people they came from their chimneys, to sell protective caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This was the first time I didn't go to a game since '09. I hate friggin crowds. And they are worse in the new stadium.
    I may go to another game at some point but I can't guarantee that.
    I hate crowds also, its probably why I enjoy going to Sixers games.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    I grew up in an African village, plus cleaned boilers and chimneys for 30 years.
    Which country
    Mood: WOOF!

Had I never moved from Teaneck, we would have been 5 min from the stadium.

GOD DAMNIT
    Mood: WOOF!