Quote Originally Posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    I made it through ok.....had a nice buzz the whole evening, had the corned beef and cabbage, had a good night sleep.
    Yep - finished off a few Sambuca on the rocks after dinner, and it was Goodnight Irene.

Did you hear our team picked up some Italian guy, just like you were hoping? Geno something or another, sounds like good fella.

Chuck Berry has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Yep - finished off a few Sambuca on the rocks after dinner, and it was Goodnight Irene.

Did you hear our team picked up some Italian guy, just like you were hoping? Geno something or another, sounds like good fella.
    LOL
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Chuck Berry has passed.
    I know, his cousin Marvin called me.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    I know, his cousin Marvin called me.
    +1
    Michael J. Fox brought Chuck back to the consciousness of a new generation in that flick.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    I thought I was the only one. Hate green clothes. I was a Jet fan from their inception as the Titans until a few years after I started going to Giant games with my aunt in '68, and even then I wouldn't wear a green Jet shirt.
    So it was your aunt that got you into the Giants?

Yo
    Mood: WOOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    So it was your aunt that got you into the Giants?
    My wife's aunt. We got married October '67 when we both lived in NY city. In '68 I graduated from college and we moved up to CT. Her Aunt Jean, who started the tickets in '43, called and asked if I'd like to go to the Patriots/Giants preseason game at the Yale Bowl with her. She didn't drive, so I was her chauffer She and I went to every Giant game after that at the Bowl. We sat right behind the Giant bench and I gradually warmed up to them and lost interest in the Jets. Jean lived with us the whole time they played there in '73 and '74. Then my wife and I moved to NJ in winter '75, just before the Meadowlands opened and Aunt jean literally moved in with us from August to January every year thereafter. When she got too old to go to the games anymore I took control of the tickets, and they are still in the family... 73 nyears and counting. I only go to 1 or 2 games every season now.... and always a preseason game because I like to see the rooks and the new FA's.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    My wife's aunt. We got married October '67 when we both lived in NY city. In '68 I graduated from college and we moved up to CT. Her Aunt Jean, who started the tickets in '43, called and asked if I'd like to go to the Patriots/Giants preseason game at the Yale Bowl with her. She didn't drive, so I was her chauffer She and I went to every Giant game after that at the Bowl. We sat right behind the Giant bench and I gradually warmed up to them and lost interest in the Jets. Jean lived with us the whole time they played there in '73 and '74. Then my wife and I moved to NJ in winter '75, just before the Meadowlands opened and Aunt jean literally moved in with us from August to January every year thereafter. When she got too old to go to the games anymore I took control of the tickets, and they are still in the family... 73 nyears and counting. I only go to 1 or 2 games every season now.... and always a preseason game because I like to see the rooks and the new FA's.
    Pretty amazing story how a woman that was such a devoted fan. She was obviously way ahead of her time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Yo
    You yo-ing at me?