Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Actually I think Sinatra called it his favorite Lennon and McCartney song, lol.

As far as the bass playing, it's typical awesome McCartney. I usually play it on guitar but had to recently learn it on bass and it is fantastic. As usual.
    You heard this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f7HdjotWpQ
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    yes
    Lol I was jk
    Mood: WOOF!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
    That was absolutely fascinating.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That was absolutely fascinating.
    Dig it; the amount of vibrato on certain notes; those whole step slides on the bridge....you can't really hear that on the studio recording....
    A classic performance.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Holy crap.

I'd never heard that before. Wow

Dig it; the amount of vibrato on certain notes; those whole step slides on the bridge....you can't really hear that on the studio recording....
    A classic performance.
    When a bassist is doing more than holding a line, I'm pretty much all ears to just that. We probably listen to that album a few times a week - as my wife is a huge Beatles fan, and I consider it one of the greatest complete albums ever made.
    So that's a Rickenbacker, then? There's something about the tone of them, and many of the most innovative players - Chris Squire, Geddy Lee, John Entwisle all played that brand.

I think it's the Hofner Jimmie.
    "No...I didn't."

....and why are you up at 4:30am?
    "No...I didn't."

....and why are you up at 4:30am?
    He's a grown man
    Mood: WOOF!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    He's a grown man
    Link?
    "No...I didn't."