Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

By the way Daven, I did bowl a 205, two weeks ago. Last week (our last league night) I had a 198 with a friggin open in the 10th frame.</p>

I followed up the 198 with a blazing 113. Couldn't hit the head pin to save my life. Last game of the season. Way to finish Morehead!!!</p>

[/quote]

Those opens in the 10th (or even 9th) really suck, my current Ball is starting to die I'm leaving some pocket 7-10's cause it's rolling in flat... 198 to 113...come on morehead, if you are gonna screw up might as well screw up big and join the century club....(100 pins difference one game to the next :P)

Anyways there's always next season next time you come down for a game I'll give you some tips if you want.
    [/quote]</p>

One of my teammates last year had two 200+ games and one sub 100 game.</p>

He bowled a 525 series and didn't have any games in the 100's. We're just hack bowlers who use Wednesday nights as an excuse to get together and drink beer.</p>

My average is 155. My "beta" is very high. But I always set 200 as my ultimate goal. Its like golf where my goal is always to break par, I rarely do either but its always in my mind.</p>

[/quote]I like the sounds of that Wednesday night.
    [/quote]</p>

Well its essentially the same people in our Wednesday night golf league. That won't start until early May, so we have some down time on Wednesdays.</p>

The bowling league definately was something to look forward to. My "official" bolwing shirt was my Hakeem Nicks jersey. Just to piss off all the Pats fans.</p>

[/quote]While your in New England territory, the NYG jersey has to be a thorn in their side. During the aftermath of 2007 season, more like salt in a wound. Nice !
    [/quote]</p>

I think they're over it. They're lamenting over the loss to the Jets.</p>

Everyone knows me as 'The Giants Fan".</p>

</p>[/quote]You are "the giants fan" What a bunch of overconfident patriot fans-I hate them. How could they possibly be over that 2007 loss by now? I am still effected by the loss to the Ravens in 2000.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]I would love to wear a Mickey Mantle jersey. His knees were completely shot when I saw him play.[/quote]</P>

I would like to get another Yanks jersey.
    thing is I wont wear pinstripes. I LOVE the away jerseys. so I gotta find one i like, hall of famer most likely.
    Actually, maybe I'll get a Munson one if they have it. That'd be cool.</P>

[/quote]</P>

DidI tell you thatI was at Yankee Stadium for Thurman Munson's firsat major league home run?</P>

It was part of back to back to back homers with Murcer, Munson and Michael.</P>

It was off Lew Krausse. (who actually hit a home run himself as the only A's run in a 5-1 Yankee win)</P>

[/quote]you mean when you were a yankee fan? remember how happy you were?
    [/quote]</P>

They sucked back then.</P>

I just found the box score. This was my 2nd game ever. the first was bat day 1968. 4 days after the Bobby Kennedy assasination.</P>

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...96908100.shtml</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]lights better fight reynolds tonight. the shows starting to drag a bit. i also have an 8 pack like reynolds
    [/quote]

is it the last show?

cuz bet ur *** that ain't happenin til the last show

awesome show last week though
    [/quote]What's the name of that show? Sounds like ultimate fighter, but for boxing?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Still hating the Celtics MMB?[/quote]</P>

Isn't the "old" team supposed to fall apart in the end instead of the "young" team?</P>

I must have missed something there.</P>

HaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!</P>

[/quote] I don't know why he had no faith on the Celtics. The only team that might be able to beat them is Chicago and I don't think that would happen this year. Boston LA again. This time Kobe dumps Gatorade on Phil.[/quote]

because they have one of the worst offenses in the league. Pierce and Allen aren't as dynamic as they once were and i think not having Perkins is going to hurt them. Even though they got a scorer back in green

they don't have it. They remind me of the Pistons when they were starting to wear down
    [/quote]</P>

Chicago is definately the team I and all Celtics fans fear. They might be the best team in the NBA right now.</P>

Friggin Rose is great.</P>

And stop knocking Paul Pierce. The kid is still one of the toughest players to guard.</P>

And you still fail to understand the importance of defense. They play the best defense in the league. That always serves a team well in the playoffs.</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]I would love to wear a Mickey Mantle jersey. His knees were completely shot when I saw him play.[/quote]</p>

thing is I wont wear pinstripes. I LOVE the away jerseys. so I gotta find one i like, hall of famer most likely.
    Actually, maybe I'll get a Munson one if they have it. That'd be cool.</p>[/quote]why dont you like the pin stripes? come to think of it, i need an away. munson would be very cool. i really want a rivera jersey. they had a whole hour on mo on yes the other night, it was epic. and panama is a **** hole

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Still hating the Celtics MMB?[/quote]</p>

Isn't the "old" team supposed to fall apart in the end instead of the "young" team?</p>

I must have missed something there.</p>

HaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!</p>

[/quote] I don't know why he had no faith on the Celtics. The only team that might be able to beat them is Chicago and I don't think that would happen this year. Boston LA again. This time Kobe dumps Gatorade on Phil.[/quote]

because they have one of the worst offenses in the league. Pierce and Allen aren't as dynamic as they once were and i think not having Perkins is going to hurt them. Even though they got a scorer back in green

they don't have it. They remind me of the Pistons when they were starting to wear down
    [/quote]</p>

Chicago is definately the team I and all Celtics fans fear. They might be the best team in the NBA right now.</p>

Friggin Rose is great.</p>

And stop knocking Paul Pierce. The kid is still one of the toughest players to guard.</p>

And you still fail to understand the importance of defense. They play the best defense in the league. That always serves a team well in the playoffs.</p>[/quote]

didn't knock him at all.. said he isn't as dynamic as he was

they are old

and i understand the importance of defense hwen it comes to basketball probably better than you do.

I never said they won't compete... they just won't win. They don't have it
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]lights better fight reynolds tonight. the shows starting to drag a bit. i also have an 8 pack like reynolds
    [/quote]

is it the last show?

cuz bet ur *** that ain't happenin til the last show

awesome show last week though
    [/quote]What's the name of that show? Sounds like ultimate fighter, but for boxing?
    [/quote]

Lights Out on FX

its a TV show not a reality show

frickin awesome
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

By the way Daven, I did bowl a 205, two weeks ago. Last week (our last league night) I had a 198 with a friggin open in the 10th frame.</P>

I followed up the 198 with a blazing 113. Couldn't hit the head pin to save my life. Last game of the season. Way to finish Morehead!!!</P>

[/quote]

Those opens in the 10th (or even 9th) really suck, my current Ball is starting to die I'm leaving some pocket 7-10's cause it's rolling in flat... 198 to 113...come on morehead, if you are gonna screw up might as well screw up big and join the century club....(100 pins difference one game to the next :P)

Anyways there's always next season next time you come down for a game I'll give you some tips if you want.
    [/quote]</P>

One of my teammates last year had two 200+ games and one sub 100 game.</P>

He bowled a 525 series and didn't have any games in the 100's. We're just hack bowlers who use Wednesday nights as an excuse to get together and drink beer.</P>

My average is 155. My "beta" is very high. But I always set 200 as my ultimate goal. Its like golf where my goal is always to break par, I rarely do either but its always in my mind.</P>

[/quote]I like the sounds of that Wednesday night.
    [/quote]</P>

Well its essentially the same people in our Wednesday night golf league. That won't start until early May, so we have some down time on Wednesdays.</P>

The bowling league definately was something to look forward to. My "official" bolwing shirt was my Hakeem Nicks jersey. Just to piss off all the Pats fans.</P>

[/quote]While your in New England territory, the NYG jersey has to be a thorn in their side. During the aftermath of 2007 season, more like salt in a wound. Nice !
    [/quote]</P>

I think they're over it. They're lamenting over the loss to the Jets.</P>

Everyone knows me as 'The Giants Fan".</P>

</P>

[/quote]You are "the giants fan" What a bunch of overconfident patriot fans-I hate them. How could they possibly be over that 2007 loss by now? I am still effected by the loss to the Ravens in 2000.
    [/quote]</P>

there are two kinds of Pats fans. The "old time" fans are great fans. Those are the guys who called me to congratulate me for the SB win.</P>

The "new fangled" fans are the guys who jumped on the Pats bandwagon when Brady first came on the scene. They don't understand the concept of teams that struggle. And they could never handle it if and when their team does.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]I would love to wear a Mickey Mantle jersey. His knees were completely shot when I saw him play.[/quote]</p>

Actually, maybe I'll get a Munson one if they have it. That'd be cool.</p>

[/quote]</p>

DidI tell you thatI was at Yankee Stadium for Thurman Munson's firsat major league home run?</p>

It was part of back to back to back homers with Murcer, Munson and Michael.</p>

It was off Lew Krausse. (who actually hit a home run himself as the only A's run in a 5-1 Yankee win)</p>

[/quote]you mean when you were a yankee fan? remember how happy you were?
    [/quote]</p>

They sucked back then.</p>

I just found the box score. This was my 2nd game ever. the first was bat day 1968. 4 days after the Bobby Kennedy assasination.</p>

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...96908100.shtml</p>[/quote]wow, creepy.

so what? i was happy just to be a giants fan last year. wheres ya pride ol man!?!?

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]I would love to wear a Mickey Mantle jersey. His knees were completely shot when I saw him play.[/quote]</P>

Actually, maybe I'll get a Munson one if they have it. That'd be cool.</P>

[/quote]why dont you like the pin stripes? come to think of it, i need an away. munson would be very cool. i really want a rivera jersey. they had a whole hour on mo on yes the other night, it was epic. and panama is a **** hole

[/quote]</P>

I look great in pin stripe suits. If I could where pin stripes all the time I would. (not Yankee pin stripes of course)</P>