Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]haha. How's the shoulder?
    [/quote]</p>

I have my good days, and my bad days</p>

[/quote]Your sounding like an old man, like myself.
    [/quote]</p>

Being 29, my body feels like its 50</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Well being over 50, my body feels like its 29.</p>

Combine that with my emotional age of 8, I'm doing OK.</p>

[/quote]Ny-I didn't know you were that old. Uh, oh...your fading fast LOL!

I will be 45 and within the last 2 years it has been slowly deteriorating. Pick a bodypart, any bodypart and they alternate with pain, aching or whatever. knee, ankle, feet, fingers, wrist, neck, upper back, lower back, ***, hip, shoulders. By working out all my life, I never really knew what was old age pain and what was workout pain. NOW I know.
    [/quote]</p>

I am at the prime of my life </p>

Just with past injuries my body is sore </p>

I feel once I get the surgery for my shoulder I will feel 100 times better. </p>[/quote]Yes, you are at your prime. I can still go, but from 25-40, oh man I could go for 16 hours days. 8 hours day's kick my *** now.

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]haha. How's the shoulder?
    [/quote]</P>

I have my good days, and my bad days</P>

[/quote]Your sounding like an old man, like myself.
    [/quote]</P>

Being 29, my body feels like its 50</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Well being over 50, my body feels like its 29.</P>

Combine that with my emotional age of 8, I'm doing OK.</P>

[/quote]Ny-I didn't know you were that old. Uh, oh...your fading fast LOL!

I will be 45 and within the last 2 years it has been slowly deteriorating. Pick a bodypart, any bodypart and they alternate with pain, aching or whatever. knee, ankle, feet, fingers, wrist, neck, upper back, lower back, ***, hip, shoulders. By working out all my life, I never really knew what was old age pain and what was workout pain. NOW I know.
    [/quote]</P>

I am at the prime of my life </P>

Just with past injuries my body is sore </P>

I feel once I get the surgery for my shoulder I will feel 100 times better. </P>

[/quote]</P>

My God. You're younger than my daughter. (of course she's older than me)</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]from a female friend of mine, she posted on facebook:

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:&quot;msg&quot;}"><span class="messageBody">Put this as your status if you know someone who suffers from being a Red Sox Fan. Being a Red Sox Fan is a real disorder and should be taken seriously. There is still no known cure for Red Sox Fans and sympathy does not help but we can raise awareness. 100% of Yankee fans will repost this, simply because we know how to copy and paste as well as tie our shoes</span></h6>

[/quote]<font color="#ff0000">Who could we possibly know that is a Red Sox Fan?</font>
    [/quote]</p>

Only those of the highest character and personal fortitude.</p>

[/quote]combined with the most diverse interests. How did the guitar tryouts go Friday nite?
    [/quote]</p>

They were both better than me. </p>

[/quote]and who got the job?
    [/quote]</p>

Well I would like to see the guy who came who plays the bass. It allows our current bass player to play lead guitar and then we have a real band. Drummer, bass, rhythm guitar and lead guitar.</p>

The other guitar player was the son of the bass player. I don't think he will have the time to play with us.</p>

The real question, is Dave "the really good bass player" willing to play with us.</p>

There's more drama with our band than in this MB.</p>

[/quote]

uhg

everybody is a rockstar. Thats why I dont promote anymore lol
    [/quote]</p>

Well thats not really whats going on. I'm just trying to get better and I like playing with musicians who are better than me. But I don't just want to do what every other cover band does. I liked the fact that we were playing some songs that weren't right out of the "cover band playbook".</p>

I want to play some original songs, because the songwriting aspect is what I'm most interested in. I worked hard to learn a song written by another guy in the band to show good faith. But we just got off the track Friday.</p>

[/quote]

haha im just trying to push your buttons

let me guess they are trying the ol Rockin in the Free World - Fortunate Son cover combo? lol
    [/quote]</p>

"Down by the River" Close enough. Byron would like it though.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

yea theres nothing wrong with covers but to do just the same ol same ol sucks..

i got a band i follow that covers In the Air tonite, but they do like the pepped up metal version of. They are covering it from like Nonpoint or someone like that did their own cover.

Something like that is cool... but otherwise its been done. Since you guys are older, honestly no offense, why don't you try to take a newer song you all like and put it your own classic rock spin on it. Kind of Johnny Cash'ish covering Nine Inch Nails (just please not that slow, even though that was an awesome cover)
    [/quote]</p>

I agree. Its fun to change a song a little bit to make it more interesting.</p>

We have a nice version of "Last Day Of Our Aquaintance" that is much more bluesy.</p>

We also play a much faster paced version of "House of the Rising Sun".</p>

But Morehead wants to play some Morehead songs. </p>

[/quote]

i hear ya... just ask them if the want to be an original band with some covers or a cover band wtih some originals...

that should settle it
    [/quote]</p>

I'm OK right now with being a cover band that plays some originals. And then see where that takes us. Bands can evolve.</p>

But we have to play SOME original songs for it to be worth it to me.</p>[/quote]Moorehead and Old Guns

moorehead is def the third guy wearing the vest
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

morning biznatches
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]moorehead is def the third guy wearing the vest
    [/quote]Lol

[quote user="JPizzack"]morning biznatches[/quote]What's up Pizzack? Good weekend? My favorite branch teller is back.....very nice older woman.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]morning biznatches[/quote]What's up Pizzack? Good weekend? My favorite branch teller is back.....very nice older woman.
    [/quote]</P>

nice haha.</P>

weekend was somewhat uneventful, i had to work saturday....

well, on saturday night I went out to my old stomping grounds, a bar I use to frequent multiple times a week when i was in my prime(lol).
    They are closing the place for good. the owners finally sold it, but new ownership is changing it completely. making some bbq joint.
    we had close friends who worked there for a few years, we used to go to dinner early, so we didnt get carded, and stay there to booze when we were underage, and then once we were of age, our friends started bartending there, so we were there like every other night FOR YEARS.
    So we have alot of memories being lost with the name change....
    and those friends who worked there who have since moved were just as depressed as we are..lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]morning biznatches[/quote]What's up Pizzack? Good weekend? My favorite branch teller is back.....very nice older woman.
    [/quote]</p>

nice haha.</p>

weekend was somewhat uneventful, i had to work saturday....

well, on saturday night I went out to my old stomping grounds, a bar I use to frequent multiple times a week when i was in my prime(lol).
    They are closing the place for good. the owners finally sold it, but new ownership is changing it completely. making some bbq joint.
    we had close friends who worked there for a few years, we used to go to dinner early, so we didnt get carded, and stay there to booze when we were underage, and then once we were of age, our friends started bartending there, so we were there like every other night FOR YEARS.
    So we have alot of memories being lost with the name change....
    and those friends who worked there who have since moved were just as depressed as we are..lol</p>[/quote]Can appreciate your feelings with that bar going OOB. We had a bar right down the mountain from my parents house that would serve us when we were young. I was caught right at the drinking age change. I remember being legal at 18 for a short time and then not being able to drink(legally) until 21.
    This bar, my whole crew kind of came of age at. It was a tavern with back rooms that used to be used for food, but were no longer. So we took the liberty of using them for other purposes(?). We basically ran that place for 5-10 years, knew all the bartenders, hooked the bartenders up(probably 40 yr old guy's) with whatever connections they needed and got ourselves free entry and booze in return. Great times in that place. I met my wife there as a matter of fact....I remember she came in with this girl that I used to know one night 24 years ago. I was on that like white on rice....rest is history. I played darts for that place, had t-shirts made up. Really cool. It burned down a few years back.

just a few more days til' MLB action !!!