+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Play clock 3..2..1..

This has been a issue for a few seasons now on offense. The Ravens picked up on this right out of the gate, the play clock goes down to 1 on almost every snap. Defenders know once the play clock goes down to 1 they can jump right at the snap of the ball.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Exactly...

Not many teams take advantage of this though. I know Cleveland did in 2008, and we couldn't get anything going.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Not many teams take advantage of this though. I know Cleveland did in 2008, and we couldn't get anything going.
    52 is the MIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    This has been a issue for a few seasons now on offense. The Ravens picked up on this right out of the gate, the play clock goes down to 1 on almost every snap. Defenders know once the play clock goes down to 1 they can jump right at the snap of the ball.
    What makes this so friggen irritating was that it happened while running no huddle in hurry up mode.

Quote Originally Posted by BJacobs aka The Problem View Post
    What makes this so friggen irritating was that it happened while running no huddle in hurry up mode.
    It's hard to communicate on the road. Not really impressed with Baas either.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    It's hard to communicate on the road. Not really impressed with Baas either.
    That I get, but that's why you practice and it seems like preparation has been an issue lately.

Utilise a silent count, at least. Eli's calls are always so damn obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Eli is slow and Gilbride takes forever to get him the call. He doesnt even get an offensive play until 20 seconds left. Another reason I hate it,.And its been for Eli's entire career, not just the past few seasons.

5trive for Fiv5

Worse how we have to burn a 2nd half timeout every game because gillbride is having trouble calling two plays when most teams call just one.