+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,678

    Twas The Night Before Christmas

    Twas the night before Christmas
    And all through the boards
    Not a creature was happy
    That last night we were gored.

    What happened to Eli, and Ahmad, and Nicks
    We couldn't make plays
    That would move those darn sticks.

    The season has ended
    No playoffs for us
    It's back to the draft
    And free agency's fuss.

    On Eli, On Victor, On Nicks, and Hynoski
    Out Tuck, Out Webster, Out Beckum, and Osi
    We needed to play as though it had mattered
    But in the end we were beaten, disheartened, and tattered

    Next season awaits
    There's no time to dally
    What we had hoped for
    Was a last minute rally

    We have younger players
    Who need to step up
    To brings us all back
    To the top of the pack.

    Now dash away, dash away, dash away fans
    Enjoy your families, some egg nog, and yams
    Think not of what's happened to make us all sad
    But think of next season for which we'll be glad

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!




    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 12-24-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  2. #2
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,994
    Thanks RF and all the best to my friends here TGMB. Add an extra shot of bourbon to your egg nog tonight and think of me. Cheers!
    No one remembers who came in second.

  3. #3
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,678
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Thanks RF and all the best to my friends here TGMB. Add an extra shot of bourbon to your egg nog tonight and think of me. Cheers!
    Not the way we wanted to celebrate Christmas as fans, but we've been here before.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  4. #4
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,270
    RF "Enjoy your families"

    Now on to spend a most enjoyable time with my kids and grand kids.

    All the best to all the NYG fans and families.

    Bill and so it goes.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  5. #5
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Twas the night before Christmas
    And all through the boards
    Not a creature was happy
    That last night we were gored.

    What happened to Eli, and Ahmad, and Nicks
    We couldn't make plays
    That would move those darn sticks.

    The season has ended
    No playoffs for us
    It's back to the draft
    And free agency's fuss.

    On Eli, On Victor, On Nicks, and Hynoski
    Out Tuck, Out Webster, Out Beckum, and Osi
    We needed to play as though it had mattered
    But in the end we were beaten, disheartened, and tattered

    Next season awaits
    There's no time to dally
    What we had hoped for
    Was a last minute rally

    We have younger players
    Who need to step up
    To brings us all back
    To the top of the pack.

    Now dash away, dash away, dash away fans
    Enjoy your families, some egg nog, and yams
    Think not of what's happened to make us all sad
    But think of next season for which we'll be glad

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!




    RF going to keep this poem well done. When I am sitting in my rocking chair with a shawl wrapped around my shoulders and feeling down about the NYG seasons will pull it out and read it. Thanks RF your the best.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  6. #6
    Well on the bright side, at least I won't be clutching at my chest during these playoffs.

    Merry Christmas to the NYGMB faithful.

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,678
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    RF "Enjoy your families"

    Now on to spend a most enjoyable time with my kids and grand kids.

    All the best to all the NYG fans and families.

    Bill and so it goes.

    Best wishes for a safe, healthy and joyful oliday
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  8. #8
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    16,085
    Nice RF!

    Have a terrific holiday.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

  9. #9
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,678
    Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    Well on the bright side, at least I won't be clutching at my chest during these playoffs.

    Merry Christmas to the NYGMB faithful.
    LMAO, Best wishes to your and yours
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

  10. #10
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    100,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Nice RF!

    Have a terrific holiday.
    And you as well, my friend
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1








    # 80

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts