+ Reply to Thread

Logical Free Agent Choices

I know were tight up against the cap but here are some guys I think we could go after. Obviously we wouldn't sign all of them but here are some guys to target this off-season.

OG Andy Levitre
    CB Domnique Rodgers-Cromartie
    FS Jarius Byrd
    OT Andre Smith
    DT Henry Melton
    CB Brent Grimes

Obviously we won't get all of these guys but we could probably target one or two to improve the squad. I really like Byrd (I live in Bills country) and Andre Smith at right tackle. Thoughts?

I would rather keep Kenny Phillips or Stevie Brown over Byrd. Domnique Rodgers-Cromartie will not be within our salary cap, some team will pay him. I also don't think the Bengals will let Andre Smith go, he has been gettng better each year.

I think the Giants best thing to do for the future is cut bait with a lot of high priced players and draft smart. Take the cap hit, but rid the team of dead weight.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Andy Levitre, Jason Jones, Sebastian Vollmer, Sam Shields are a few guys I wouldn't mind seeing. Maybe not all, but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by lavar2 View Post
    I know were tight up against the cap but here are some guys I think we could go after. Obviously we wouldn't sign all of them but here are some guys to target this off-season.

OG Andy Levitre
    CB Domnique Rodgers-Cromartie
    FS Jarius Byrd
    OT Andre Smith
    DT Henry Melton
    CB Brent Grimes

Obviously we won't get all of these guys but we could probably target one or two to improve the squad. I really like Byrd (I live in Bills country) and Andre Smith at right tackle. Thoughts?
    I want Melton and Byrd in place of Canty and Rolle. Both are younger and more talented for the same price.