+ Reply to Thread

Collapse....Again.

I posted yesterday, but I'm still venting frustration.

I don't care that Coughlin has won 2 Super Bowls, his tenure with the Giants is known for falling apart at the end of the season. How do you go 6-2 every year, but then go 10-6, 9-7, 8-8? Other than 2008 where we went 12-4, it's been one of those 3 records. Not bad since we don't go below .500, but when you're in New York, we DEMAND success. We have talent, but we are missing pieces. And as fans, we've watched this same scenario play out over and over again. Coughlin is a good coach, but the players don't want to play for him or Killdrive or P.U. Fewell anymore, and we don't want those coaches period. Time to move into the New Era of the NFL and get a modern Coach and OC. I hope the Mara's and Jerry Reese realize this. 3 out of the last 4 seasons, missed the playoffs. That's all that should be known right there.

Here's some coaches to go after

1. Jon Gruden
    2. David Shaw (HC of Stanford with NFL experience)
    3. Bruce Arian (Colts Interim HC)
    4. Tom Clements (OC of the Packers)
    5. Po Pelini (HC of Nebraska

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasg2488 View Post

I don't care that Coughlin has won 2 Super Bowls, his tenure with the Giants is known for falling apart at the end of the season. How do you go 6-2 every year, but then go 10-6, 9-7, 8-8? Other than 2008 where we went 12-4, it's been one of those 3 records. Not bad since we don't go below .500, but when you're in New York, we DEMAND success. We have talent, but we are missing pieces. And as fans, we've watched this same scenario play out over and over again. Coughlin is a good coach, but the players don't want to play for him or Killdrive or P.U. Fewell anymore, and we don't want those coaches period. Time to move into the New Era of the NFL and get a modern Coach and OC. I hope the Mara's and Jerry Reese realize this. 3 out of the last 4 seasons, missed the playoffs. That's all that should be known right there.

Here's some coaches to go after

1. Jon Gruden
    2. David Shaw (HC of Stanford with NFL experience)
    3. Bruce Arian (Colts Interim HC)
    4. Tom Clements (OC of the Packers)
    5. Po Pelini (HC of Nebraska
    Arians got the Colts to the Playoffs after being the worst team in the NFL in 2011, and cuting Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark and many others......he should be the first choice!

Jon Gruden no.1? I'm surprised Eric Mangini didn't make your list.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    I put him a no. 1 because he's readily available. The others have jobs right now and may not want to leave.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Hey, its Mangenius, just like Sanchez is the Sanchise. Get it right pal.

Veteran
    yeah yeah.. who cares about superbowls.. [/sarcasm]

Arians was the Pittsburgh equivalent to Gilbride for a while.

Banned
    The Giants will never hire a college coach......that rarely succeeds. College coaches have rosters over 100 players, and their recruiting dictates their success.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasg2488 View Post

I don't care that Coughlin has won 2 Super Bowls, his tenure with the Giants is known for falling apart at the end of the season.
    So, would you rather we consistenly put up great win percentages over the past 8 years like the Colts (w/ Manning), Patriots (since '05), Ravens etc......and win absolutely nothing? Yeah, I know, the Colts won that 1 SB despite all of the MVPs and near perfect seasons.

Veteran
    I agree and I'm sick of this he's won us to superbowls, wrong.. Eli won us those superbowls and our defensive line. The only thing coughlin is responsible is playing favorites, not making adjustments when they need to be made throughout the course of a game, being stubborn and allowing this team to be the most inconsistant team in NFL history and add to that one of the most embarrasing seasons a prior superbowl champion team has ever had. He is responsible for every year having a collapse in his tenure here as a head coach.. These collapses are a problem that don't just happen.. it's for a reason that he cant obviously fix. I don't think coughlin is a bad headcoach, but I think he is for the Giants he's giving us a lot of ups and downs, but this season is just proof he couldn't get his players to function properly, the team was retreched throughout the majority of the season, and lets be honest even during our superbowl seasons the team wasn't all that great except for when they wanted to play, and thats on the coach more than just the players.