+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What would the percentage be of us hiring Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator?

25%... or would they not even entertain that notion?

Rex is a great DC, not so much HC. He doesn't fit our class obviously he has a different way he goes about doing things but he could swallow his pride and tone things down and really do something special here in NY with our defense. I really believe that. He's grown a bit finally with the media but again he was the HC where he's asked to speak much more than if he were a DC.

Rex would be the absolute best choice out there for us if he would accept it. I think Rex would love to be in our organization because he respects us and respects Coughlin.

Like him or not he is a GREAT defensive mind. I'd welcome him with open arms.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Rex is a great DC, not so much HC. He doesn't fit our class obviously he has a different way he goes about doing things but he could swallow his pride and tone things down and really do something special here in NY with our defense. I really believe that. He's grown a bit finally with the media but again he was the HC where he's asked to speak much more than if he were a DC.

Rex would be the absolute best choice out there for us if he would accept it. I think Rex would love to be in our organization because he respects us and respects Coughlin.

You aren't really that stupid , are you? ....Rex staying in NY as a coordinator?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    You aren't really that stupid , are you? ....Rex staying in NY as a coordinator?
    Or maybe you're too stubborn to realize he's a great defensive mind and his mouth and youthful persona were just too much as a HC dealing with the media every day.

He's grown and toned down a lot from where he once was.

Rex Ryan would turn this defense around in an off season. Yea, he's that good and we have the talent.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

There's no way in hell he stays in town. He'll get a job somewhere else as a dc and he won't have to deal with the same media.

Quote Originally Posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
    There's no way in hell he stays in town. He'll get a job somewhere else as a dc and he won't have to deal with the same media.
    You think Rex cares about what the media says?

Rex has very thick skin
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

LOL, not as long as Gilbride is with the team!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

All-Pro
    I would gladly take Rex and Norv Turner as our new coordinators....

I think you give Rex too much credit a far as "class". Just can't see any Ryan championing the values of the Mara's and Tisch's.
    I'll pass thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    I think you give Rex too much credit a far as "class". Just can't see any Ryan championing the values of the Mara's and Tisch's.
    I'll pass thanks.
    Think you misunderstood me, I said he lacks class but has gotten better as he's grown each year. Certainly this season he's matured more than years past.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

Rex and Coughlin? Talk about a match made in hell LOL

I agree that he is a very good defensive coach, but there's no way it would ever happen. The personality clashes between him and TC would be epic, and not in a good way