+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I want Corey Webster back!

After posting about how it was time for him to go, I realized the scarcity of CB talent there was in the league. I say Corey just made himself much cheaper to resign. He may buckle down in the offseason and return to camp as a vet with something to prove. The decline happened too fast for me to believe it was purely physical. So he got torched all season; he would still be a serviceable #3 CB even if he continues to play at the current level. C-Web shall make amends. He won't go out like this, and I can't see any other team giving him a big offer after this year's performance. Then again maybe I'm just not ready to shoot ole yella'. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I say Corey just made himself much cheaper to resign.
    But he's not a free agent...

And there's no way we resign him after next year

After posting about how it was time for him to go, I realized the scarcity of CB talent there was in the league. I say Corey just made himself much cheaper to resign. He may buckle down in the offseason and return to camp as a vet with something to prove. The decline happened too fast for me to believe it was purely physical. So he got torched all season; he would still be a serviceable #3 CB even if he continues to play at the current level. C-Web shall make amends. He won't go out like this, and I can't see any other team giving him a big offer after this year's performance. Then again maybe I'm just not ready to shoot ole yella'. LOL
    So you want him to keep getting burned next season?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

nothing to worry about then, if he sucks next year it will confirm the decline even if he does comeback into form he'll be 31/32, so he won't be that expensive to resign.

Scary part is that hosley is behind him. What are we going to do, cut both of them? Then we gotta find a 2 and 3 corner, even if they are terrible there's no saying we'll get someone better which is terrifying.

U want webster back??lol Webster took forever to even become a solid CB, being drafting in 05, and finally starting to play well in the 07 postseason where he kinda came outta nowhere, and hes all ready losing it, the past couple yrs.. The shortest prime of a career ever.. Hes had like 3good yrs outta 8..lol I want him back as much as i want chicken pox back..lol

Veteran
    no effin way. A viable 3rd corner back option at his current rate of pay? That's insanity. Look, we are rididled with people who are getting older, softer, and less hungry and collecting huge amounts of money. The point is these players have to leave or take pay cuts, there comes a time when this needs to happen people wont like to hear it, but we are in a rebuilding process of sorts there are key players in key positions that just can't cut it anymore, or they don't want to they need to be replaced due to wear and tear (age) or just lack of any effort or heart. Webby is gone.

Veteran
    cut or trade him... I wouldn't miss him, it may sound harsh, but he's been just an embarrassment this season. teams wont even take a look at prince when webby is lined up on the other side of the field.

Bench Player
    Corey Webster-toast #2. If you were around back in the 80s you know what happened to the Original toast.
    Last edited by Giantsfan62; 12-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Veteran
    He's one of the reason if not the main reason why this secondary sucks, get him outta here