+ Reply to Thread

Thread: choke

choke

what really bugs me now, is this major meltdown of the g-men , put rHOMO and the cowpies in the catbird seat where we were! so, wrong!!!

I don't think choke is the right word. This team had alot of issues from the very start. They just get magnified as the season plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    I don't think choke is the right word. This team had alot of issues from the very start. They just get magnified as the season plays out.
    why doesn't CHOKE fit? roll into Atlanta suppossedly physced to win-CHOKE! , remorse,blah blah, ready for the ravens-CHOKE! works for me ! if you got something better, love to hear it, I'm done!

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    why doesn't CHOKE fit? roll into Atlanta suppossedly physced to win-CHOKE! , remorse,blah blah, ready for the ravens-CHOKE! works for me ! if you got something better, love to hear it, I'm done!
    Because in order to choke, I think you should be equipped and playing well enough to have an expectation of winning the games to begin with.

Atl and Ravens are BOTH undefeated at home this year. Ravens were undefeated at home last year as well. Having said that, no question we played like complete crap, but I didn't expect to win either of those games. I did expect a much better showing though, obviously.

Because in order to choke, I think you should be equipped and playing well enough to have an expectation of winning the games to begin with.

Atl and Ravens are BOTH undefeated at home this year. Ravens were undefeated at home last year as well. Having said that, no question we played like complete crap, but I didn't expect to win either of those games. I did expect a much better showing though, obviously.
    well, yeah, Ravens were good at home, but we started winning ur games at home so, thought we were better. Ravens were on a losing streak and I really felt we were gonna beat the falcons anyway, so it felt choke like, but I guess us giants fans think dominate alot so thought it was a choke, maybe it was just "sub-par execution of a football game" !LOL!

Bad excuse with the "Ravens/Atl undefeated at home" card. Arent these the "Road warrior" Giants? Can't use that title only when we win SBs & not in other yrs. NE seems to win in any teams house while they go undefeated in theirs most seasons. 8 of the last 9yrs with 08' being the rare exception, the NY Giants have choked in the 2nd half of the season on a consistant basis. Heck, last yr we went 3-5 in the 2nd half! Depending on if we win this Sunday or not, we are looking at a 3-5 or 2-6 2nd half,,...again!

2.5 games up in week 8 & all they had to do is play 500 ball the rest of the way & failed miserably to do even that! In my book, that qualifies as a big time choke job!

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Bad excuse with the "Ravens/Atl undefeated at home" card. Arent these the "Road warrior" Giants? Can't use that title only when we win SBs & not in other yrs. NE seems to win in any teams house while they go undefeated in theirs most seasons. 8 of the last 9yrs with 08' being the rare exception, the NY Giants have choked in the 2nd half of the season on a consistant basis. Heck, last yr we went 3-5 in the 2nd half! Depending on if we win this Sunday or not, we are looking at a 3-5 or 2-6 2nd half,,...again!

2.5 games up in week 8 & all they had to do is play 500 ball the rest of the way & failed miserably to do even that! In my book, that qualifies as a big time choke job!

works for me! you might say , defending Superbowl champs- 2012- CHOKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post

Then I think you failed to see the problems we've had all year long and had expectations that were too high for an average skilled team.

personally, M00KIE, I raised my expectations after the bye week, and the trouncing of the packers, and then their announcing of their 6 game season, it seemed manageable and they seemed committed, so though we had a real shot at controlling our destiny .as they say, so , my perception was, they choked the last few games, period! or poor execution, either way . we lost big time!