+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Young Bloods awaiting their shot: Some possible answers already on the team?

TE - Adrien Robinson - "The JPP of TE's" He has size, freak of nature, speed and from what I've seen decent hands
    DE
    - Adewale Ojomo - Looked hungry, aggressive, and promising in the pre-season. Everyone said Cruz was a pre season warrior.
    DT - Markus Kuhn - Strong, active, actually stood out against NFL starters, collapsed the pocket a couple times in limited snaps
    RT - James Brewer - Do not really know anything about him other than he's 6'6 330 lbs and looks like a a gumba from mario bros . Coaches were grooming him as our future at RT if I'm not mistaken?
    T - Matt McCants - Know absolutely nothing about him other than he's 6'7 300 lbs and a second year player
    T - Brandon Mosley - 6-5 318 lbs, second year player. Again we know nothing about him.
    T - Selvish Capers - Seventh round pick (231st overall) of the Redskins, 6'5 315lbs.
    LB - Mark Herzlich - With some experience under his belt and another off season, is he finally ready to become an every down LB again?
    RB - Da'Rel Scott - Will have another camp/off season to work his way into the rotation. Did suffer a torn meniscus this season and had surgery mid October. SPEED but some question the kid's lateral ability and vision... everyone always questions someone.

Guys like Adrian Tracy, Justin Trattou have never gotten an opportunity.

That's 4 offensive linemen, 4 defensive linemen, 1 TE, 1 LB & 1 RB already on the team either to compete for a starting position or depth.

Other than that do we know anything else about them?

Only guys I feel good about making the team and contributing are Robinson, Ojomo, Kuhn, Brewer, Herzlich & probably Scott . Everyone else your guess is as good as mine.

Did I forget anyone?

Note: I didn't add obvious guys like Will Hill, Stevie Brown, Jacquian Williams
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 12-24-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

I don't think Herzlich played too well at all this year. Maybe it's a passing phase or whatever... I want to see Ojomo more for sure. If Scott can stay healthy, I think he can be in the rotation for sure. No clue about the rest.

I believe in Ojomo. I would like to see him get a shot.

Let's see...

Robinson - I think he had like 12 total catches in his collegiate career? He was pretty much taken because of his measureables and he is a boom/bust player.

Ojomo - Flashed some potential in the preseason but it's not like he took on excellent tackles. Still, he did make the final roster and I think that says he can be an excellent backup AT THE LEAST. Still need an early round pass rusher in the draft.

Kuhn - Showed how raw he was but there was a few times where he did make an excellent play. Another preseason and training camp should earn him additional rotational snaps.

Brewer - Struggled in the preseason but with Diehl likely going away, he might have a shot in 2013. My expectations aren't that high for him honestly.

McCants - Holy raw batman! This kid looked like the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen. He has the frame to be a franchise LT but none of that matters if he doesn't understand technique. I'm sure he will get another chance in the 2013 offseason.

Capers - Depth/ PS player at best.

Herzlich - I don't know about this one. If it wasn't for the cancer, he probably would of ended up as a beast ILB on someone else's team.

Scott - Unless Wilson, Bradshaw, and Brown have significant injuries, I can't see him moving up the depth chart. He's a phenomenal ST player though.

Tracy - I think this kid could end up replacing Osi if he received enough snaps to make a case. I don't like him at LDE to attempt to hold up against the run.

We need hungry players that have no SB rings yet. They have to want it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 53canton View Post
    We need hungry players that have no SB rings yet. They have to want it bad.
    I think that's true, when Tuck seemed to want it, like in the post season last year he played well. Against the Patriots for example he was dominant. Players lost the spark, we need the hunger for success. It will nee at least two to three years to solve that, it'll be hard with our cap situation to get anyone in free agency. We need corners, DEs, OLs and LBs badly, but they will take a long time. Maybe its time to take a raw, but athletic DE and try to take a steal at OL or CB in the later rounds. Like Richard Sherman was picked in the 5th round a completely steal and same with Diehl back in the day.

Robinson may be could but Raw. Ojomo needs an opportunity. Kuhn is over rated. He has gotten time and has not done enough to warrrant anything. McCants is useless. He is the second coming of Diehl or did you not watch preseason. Herz is a special teams player at the most. The others the jury is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Robinson may be could but Raw. Ojomo needs an opportunity. Kuhn is over rated. He has gotten time and has not done enough to warrrant anything. McCants is useless. He is the second coming of Diehl or did you not watch preseason. Herz is a special teams player at the most. The others the jury is still out.
    Kuhn is overrated? Based on what exactly? The limited playing time where he actually produced against starting caliber offensive tackles? If anything Ojomo is overrated yet you say he needs an opportunity? I don't follow.
    The second coming of Diehl? So then you mean he has a 8+ year great career ahead of him?
    People like you are exactly the type of people Mark Herzlich and Victor Cruz and Eli and Prince etc. LOVE to prove wrong.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Let's see...

Robinson - I think he had like 12 total catches in his collegiate career? He was pretty much taken because of his measureables and he is a boom/bust player.

Ojomo - Flashed some potential in the preseason but it's not like he took on excellent tackles. Still, he did make the final roster and I think that says he can be an excellent backup AT THE LEAST. Still need an early round pass rusher in the draft.

Kuhn - Showed how raw he was but there was a few times where he did make an excellent play. Another preseason and training camp should earn him additional rotational snaps.

Brewer - Struggled in the preseason but with Diehl likely going away, he might have a shot in 2013. My expectations aren't that high for him honestly.

McCants - Holy raw batman! This kid looked like the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen. He has the frame to be a franchise LT but none of that matters if he doesn't understand technique. I'm sure he will get another chance in the 2013 offseason.

Capers - Depth/ PS player at best.

Herzlich - I don't know about this one. If it wasn't for the cancer, he probably would of ended up as a beast ILB on someone else's team.

Scott - Unless Wilson, Bradshaw, and Brown have significant injuries, I can't see him moving up the depth chart. He's a phenomenal ST player though.

Tracy - I think this kid could end up replacing Osi if he received enough snaps to make a case. I don't like him at LDE to attempt to hold up against the run.
    I think Robinson shows more boom than bust potential personally.

I think we would be satisfied if just one of these four O-linemen made a serious impact next season and hopefully one of them emerges as depth at worst.

Do we even know if Bradshaw is going to be on the team next year? He's a tough guy sure but he's always injured and his production has decreased partly because of our O-line. Set to make $3,750,000 next season with a $5,250,000 cap hit.... maybe with a better blocking O-line he will be more productive.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Veteran
    Herzlich missed about 6 tackles on Sunday, at least he was in the right spot this time. But you could clearly see the Giants are giving him additional reps.. maybe it's to see what he can do