+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    28,058

    I, too, and ready for changes...........

    I'm not going to be nasty and hateful to the pieces that must be replaced in the offseason like a lot of you. These pieces have contributed to getting us 2 SB titles in 5 years.........but it is time.

    First of all.....I'm tired of putting a team on the field that sometimes look as though they don't have a clue how to play together and other times look like world beaters. It's too much stress. I'm ready to rebuild and I think it begins with BOTH coordinators. KG's gameplan has been figured out and he lacks the imagination it takes to keep defenses honest. They know what's coming.....MY 7 YEAR OLD KNOWS WHAT'S COMING!! I have always defended KG and put it to the players for not executing the plays callled.....but if I can call every play before the ball is snapped....I'm pretty sure professionals can too.

    As far as PF goes.....I absolutely HATE our defense. HATE IT!!! HATE IT!!! HATE IT!!! What the hell is he watching out there??

    I'm ready for Tuck, Osi and Webster to go. Not because they weren't great at one time, because they were.....but they aren't anymore.

    Time to focus on some LB's for a change. I love Chase, he's all heart.....but is far too slow.

    The o-line has to be retooled and Bradshaw has to have his role on the offense deminished. Time for the youngster to get his carries.

    I would accept a few years of rebuilding as long as there is consistant progress and not this up and down and up and down crap we have to deal with.

    I'm even willing to sacrfice a 2 time SB winning HC if it means this team doesn't look like it's given up at some point every season.

    Rant over.

    Merry Christmas
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  2. #2
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,409
    I'm not so sure its the players as much as it is the coaches.

    I'm not so sure we can even point fingers at anyone.


    I think this was just a result of a complete team meltdown. There was no heart, no fire, no urgency.

    A few major changes should shake things up. It doesnt matter if we cut Coughlin and keep KG. Cut Tuck but keep Osi. Just something major to shake things up and get the competitive juices flowing is what we need.

    I trust Reese to see whats going on here and be able to execute a nice change-of-pace this offseason. We need it.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I'm not going to be nasty and hateful to the pieces that must be replaced in the offseason like a lot of you. These pieces have contributed to getting us 2 SB titles in 5 years.........but it is time.

    First of all.....I'm tired of putting a team on the field that sometimes look as though they don't have a clue how to play together and other times look like world beaters. It's too much stress. I'm ready to rebuild and I think it begins with BOTH coordinators. KG's gameplan has been figured out and he lacks the imagination it takes to keep defenses honest. They know what's coming.....MY 7 YEAR OLD KNOWS WHAT'S COMING!! I have always defended KG and put it to the players for not executing the plays callled.....but if I can call every play before the ball is snapped....I'm pretty sure professionals can too.

    As far as PF goes.....I absolutely HATE our defense. HATE IT!!! HATE IT!!! HATE IT!!! What the hell is he watching out there??

    I'm ready for Tuck, Osi and Webster to go. Not because they weren't great at one time, because they were.....but they aren't anymore.

    Time to focus on some LB's for a change. I love Chase, he's all heart.....but is far too slow.

    The o-line has to be retooled and Bradshaw has to have his role on the offense deminished. Time for the youngster to get his carries.

    I would accept a few years of rebuilding as long as there is consistant progress and not this up and down and up and down crap we have to deal with.

    I'm even willing to sacrfice a 2 time SB winning HC if it means this team doesn't look like it's given up at some point every season.

    Rant over.

    Merry Christmas
    In the NFL it is inevitable, and the Giants have been a bit lazy the last few years. Now they have more than a few positions to replace and upgrade. If they are lucky and everything falls into place, they could be a playoff team in 2014.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,926
    Both the coaches and players need to reevaluate their game/gameplan. Obviously it's not been done for most of this season.

    Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

  5. #5
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Both the coaches and players need to reevaluate their game/gameplan. Obviously it's not been done for most of this season.
    Lackluster and complacency hit this team like the plague around week 8 every year. Its time for some change. Any change....just something to remind everyone football is exciting and fun.

  6. #6
    As far as the coaches are concerned, I'm just not sure that TC will pull the trigger and jettison both of these coordinators. The absolute only way you will see that happening is if TC either resigns, retires, or is fired. I want both coordinators gone as well, but who knows if Coughlin is willing to pull that trigger
    Close or you hit the bricks

  7. #7
    I never voiced my feelings for Fewell, but I was secretly hoping for Zimmer's contract to expire from Cincy.

    Chase may be the second fastest LBer after JWill. His issue is that he's very linear [and had some tackling games]. Why do I bother bringing up that tidbit? Because Boley has been the one who has looked slow to me as of late.

    I still can't crucify Coughlin though. If a team is suffering from lethargy and lack of discipline, Coughlin would be the type of guy I would call to fix that. He's adapted in his career, but there's only so much a coach can adapt to when the team is as mercurial as there is in the league.

  8. #8
    Veteran CowboysSuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    2,409
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I never voiced my feelings for Fewell, but I was secretly hoping for Zimmer's contract to expire from Cincy.

    Chase may be the second fastest LBer after JWill. His issue is that he's very linear [and had some tackling games]. Why do I bother bringing up that tidbit? Because Boley has been the one who has looked slow to me as of late.

    I still can't crucify Coughlin though. If a team is suffering from lethargy and lack of discipline, Coughlin would be the type of guy I would call to fix that. He's adapted in his career, but there's only so much a coach can adapt to when the team is as mercurial as there is in the league.
    I, too, kinda feel that Coughlin is not the main issue. Coordinators? And the players are just playing and coaching like zombies. It honestly looks like we just dont "want it". Which is too bad for us fans who pay to see this game. It really is too bad..

  9. #9
    an Offensive coordinator is a must, one who has the talent and ability to utilize the talents of each individuals versus forcing the personal into their concept and not utilizing the talent that sits on the bench because they 'Don't Get It'

    which would also mean a New Head Coach,

  10. #10
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,621
    Why would any of the coaches need to be fired?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts