+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Will the Giants feature the young players and backups next week?

The Bears are playing the Lions next week at 1:00PM, same as the Giants, so Coughlin may know in the 2nd half that it is over, or the Giants could be getting blown out yet again (which seems more than likely after tha last two weeks). If either of these events occur, will the Giants beimg playing their backups and younger players...it would seem to be the thing to do to find out what they got going for next year. It would great to see Adrien Robinson get some plays. Since Bennett is on a 1-year deal and the Giants are already bemping the cap, Robinson might get a shot next season.

If we do, we've completely thrown in the towel. Whoch Coughlin wont do.

If we win and:

Minnesota loses
    Chicago loses
    Cowboys lose

Were in! (am I missing another team or is that the three?)

Anywho, I'll be a son of a ***** if we make the playoffs at 9-7 again

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    If we do, we've completely thrown in the towel. Whoch Coughlin wont do.

If we win and:

Minnesota loses
    Chicago loses
    Cowboys lose

Were in! (am I missing another team or is that the three?)

Anywho, I'll be a son of a ***** if we make the playoffs at 9-7 again
    The part you missed was the Giants beating the Eagles.....that ain't happening, especially with Vick back......and even if they did, if you think the Bears will lose to th eLions, you really are in La-La land.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    The part you missed was the Giants beating the Eagles.....that ain't happening, especially with Vick back......and even if they did, if you think the Bears will lose to th eLions, you really are in La-La land.
    Please do not insult my intelligence, sir. In no way am I saying this situation is likely. Just reminding all of us that it is possible (I've seen crazier things happen).

Watching Bradshaw play last week is your answer

The young players barely saw use during garbage time this season, hard to see next week being any different.

Nope. TC will play this to win regardless of how certain players feel. Although if he truly thinks certain guys have checked out, maybe he sits them. But I seriously doubt it. If he did that the media would claim he's scapegoating them. I say, they made the mess, let them go out in front of the home crowd and get battered if they show another ounce of quit.

Bench Player
    This is the second place I've seen this question asked, and it's the second time I'm flabbergasted at the question. To repeat, the Giants are STILL ALIVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. It's got to be all hands on deck this week, and if the Ravens game was a place for a desperate effort (which unfortunately we did not see), that goes double for this Eagles game.

The only time you might see young players and backups is (A) in preseason, and (B) if we are mathematically 100% eliminated from the playoffs. But as long as there is a 0.0000000000000001% chance of making the playoffs, it's all hands on deck.

As a matter of fact, the scenario for the Giants to make the playoffs if they beat the Eagles is not THAT farfetched. The Redskins have an excellent team, and so do the Packers. Both wins are well within the realm of possibility, and even probability. The only really tricky game is the Lions game, but if there's an upset there, we might well get lucky and get in.
    Last edited by canadave; 12-25-2012 at 06:51 PM.

No way the Giants make it past the first round if they are LUCKY enough to get in. This is far from the same team that wanted it last year. They play as they know they can't do it. Going back to an offense that was shut out vs not even close to the best defense. to their lack of scoring in the red zone all year. Not really sure if he still is but early this year Tynes was the leagues leading scorer. Sad, since this offense seemed to be fit to do better then last years with a speedy back, Bennet, and Cruz coming out of a dominate season.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    No way the Giants make it past the first round if they are LUCKY enough to get in. This is far from the same team that wanted it last year. They play as they know they can't do it. Going back to an offense that was shut out vs not even close to the best defense. to their lack of scoring in the red zone all year. Not really sure if he still is but early this year Tynes was the leagues leading scorer. Sad, since this offense seemed to be fit to do better then last years with a speedy back, Bennet, and Cruz coming out of a dominate season.
    You may be absolutely correct. That doesn't change the fact that for this game, against the Eagles, this week, we need to start our regulars and try to win the game with a desperate effort.