+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78

Thread: Te'o

  1. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    A waste? Have u seen what Luke Kuechly is doing in Carolina? Single Handedly making that defense legit since hes moved to middle as a starter... I remember mad of my draft guru friends on here were trying to say he wasen't a top 10pick, and i said not only will he go in top 10, he'll be a stud.. Why? Because he changes games and makes plays and of course is all over the field... so, u think Kuechly is a wasted pick becuase he plays MLB? Look at these numbers- 151tackles 11TFL, 2INT, 1SACK, 3FR 6Pass defended..etc Like i said, single handedly turned that defense which has solid, but not spectacular pass rush.. Theres gonna be days u don't have a pass rush, no matter who u have, and its those games, u need to have guys who can cover, and have speed, and can hit and make plays.. Guys like Kuechly, Ogletree, Te'o, all fall in that category...
    How many games they win this year? When you invest alot of resources into rb and lber like the panthers , you arent going to win on a consistent basis

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    How many games they win this year? When you invest alot of resources into rb and lber like the panthers , you arent going to win on a consistent basis
    So they didn't win a lot of games because they drafted Kuechly? That makes no sense at all

  3. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    So they didn't win a lot of games because they drafted Kuechly? That makes no sense at all
    Their team sucks because they continuously invest a lot of resources into low impact positions. They had josh norman starting cb and a dl littered with scrubs. Meanwhile, they have used a 1st rd pick on jon stewart, gave deangelo a huge contract and then wasted some more money on tolbert. They have two first round picks at lber in a. 4-3

  4. #14
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Their team sucks because they continuously invest a lot of resources into low impact positions. They had josh norman starting cb and a dl littered with scrubs. Meanwhile, they have used a 1st rd pick on jon stewart, gave deangelo a huge contract and then wasted some more money on tolbert. They have two first round picks at lber in a. 4-3
    U do realize they drafted Chris Gamble in the first rd, Sherrod Martin in the 2nd rd, Josh Norman in the 3rd rd, Charles Godfrey in the 3rd rd, right? Thats picking up a bunch of secondary help over the yrs all in 1st-3rd rd.. Has it helped em? No.. Why? Becuase it takes more then taking ur so called "positonal importance" and leaving talent out on the draft table becuase u think a certain positon is more important..

    The panthers would of been mentally handicapped had they left such a stud in Kuechly on the field and took Fletcher Cox DT Miss St.. Why? Becuase Kuechly is simply gonna be a better player and change more games.. The panthers have drafted with ur Positonal Importance for yrs, and haven't had much success.. Completely diffrent scenario with there RB picks becuase they thought they were getting a once in a lifetime type player in Williams and a Stephen Jackson esque runner in Stewart.. Those are teh kinda RB's u take a chance on.. Bottom line is u just need good players all around, and the panthers havent' gotten there yet, but are on there way...

  5. #15
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Their team sucks because they continuously invest a lot of resources into low impact positions. They had josh norman starting cb and a dl littered with scrubs. Meanwhile, they have used a 1st rd pick on jon stewart, gave deangelo a huge contract and then wasted some more money on tolbert. They have two first round picks at lber in a. 4-3
    There Dline is littered with scrubs? They got the 10th and 13th NFL leading sack men on there Dline..lol Oh ya, and the leader of that Sack attack, is Greg Hardy who was drafted in the 4th or 5th rd..lol

    Greg Hardy has exactly one half sack less and almost double the tackles of there big loss of Julius Peppers..lol What a huge loss for them(sarcasm)..lol

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    There Dline is littered with scrubs? They got the 10th and 13th NFL leading sack men on there Dline..lol Oh ya, and the leader of that Sack attack, is Greg Hardy who was drafted in the 4th or 5th rd..lol

    Greg Hardy has exactly one half sack less and almost double the tackles of there big loss of Julius Peppers..lol What a huge loss for them(sarcasm)..lol
    Greg Hardy wasnt the normal type of middle round DE pick. He just had injuries but he could of been a 1st rounder. They just took a chance on him it was a good move.

  7. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    U do realize they drafted Chris Gamble in the first rd, Sherrod Martin in the 2nd rd, Josh Norman in the 3rd rd, Charles Godfrey in the 3rd rd, right? Thats picking up a bunch of secondary help over the yrs all in 1st-3rd rd.. Has it helped em? No.. Why? Becuase it takes more then taking ur so called "positonal importance" and leaving talent out on the draft table becuase u think a certain positon is more important.. The panthers would of been mentally handicapped had they left such a stud in Kuechly on the field and took Fletcher Cox DT Miss St.. Why? Becuase Kuechly is simply gonna be a better player and change more games.. The panthers have drafted with ur Positonal Importance for yrs, and haven't had much success.. Completely diffrent scenario with there RB picks becuase they thought they were getting a once in a lifetime type player in Williams and a Stephen Jackson esque runner in Stewart.. Those are teh kinda RB's u take a chance on.. Bottom line is u just need good players all around, and the panthers havent' gotten there yet, but are on there way...
    They drafted gamble like ten years ago. We've drafted four corners in the first two rounds in that same timespan. The panthers absolutely would have been better off with cox. MLBs are not worth investing in. The difference in impact of a terrible 43 mlb like chase and a good one like keuchly is very small. How many turnovers has chase caused this year and how many has keuchly caused?

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    They drafted gamble like ten years ago. We've drafted four corners in the first two rounds in that same timespan. The panthers absolutely would have been better off with cox. MLBs are not worth investing in. The difference in impact of a terrible 43 mlb like chase and a good one like keuchly is very small. How many turnovers has chase caused this year and how many has keuchly caused?
    Just because chase has caused more turnovers than Keuchly doesn't mean hes had a bigger impact. I live down south and i always watch the panthers. Since Keuchly has moved into the middle after Beason got injured he has became a leader on that defense. He has great instincts and is an all around stud, He's a type of player you want your defense built around.
    ​​​

  9. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by thegiantsrule10 View Post
    Just because chase has caused more turnovers than Keuchly doesn't mean hes had a bigger impact. I live down south and i always watch the panthers. Since Keuchly has moved into the middle after Beason got injured he has became a leader on that defense. He has great instincts and is an all around stud, He's a type of player you want your defense built around.
    You win the turnover battle, you tend to win the game. The nfl is all about big plays.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    They drafted gamble like ten years ago. We've drafted four corners in the first two rounds in that same timespan. The panthers absolutely would have been better off with cox. MLBs are not worth investing in. The difference in impact of a terrible 43 mlb like chase and a good one like keuchly is very small. How many turnovers has chase caused this year and how many has keuchly caused?
    Luke Kuechly in his rookie year is already 10x better than Blackburn and he has been in the league for 7 years. PFF has Kuechly as the #5 overall ILB in the league this year. Blackburn? #46 lol he is so bad.

    There is no such thing as a higher position of importance, especially on defense. Good players make plays at any position on the defense. JJ Watt is about to break the sack record as an interior lineman, Aldon Smith is about to break the sack record in his second year on the outside, Ray Lewis is a member of the 40 sack/30 int club, Derrel Revis can shut down anyone, and Ed Reed has been a turnover machine at Safety... Notice the pattern here? Every position can have a huge impact on the game.

    Te'o has the play-making ability and leadership qualities to be the next Ray Lewis. In the last 2 seasons he has 235 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, 13 PDs, and a FF. PLAYMAKER.
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 12-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts