+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Te'o

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Luke Keuchly is in prime positon to take home NFL defensive rookie of the yr.. He just won NFL defensive Player of the wk.. I guess someone thinks hes important..Look at the Tackle leaders in the NFL.. Kuechly is 1st, Greenway is 2nd, Bowman is 3rd, Mayo is 4th, Lauranitis is 5th.. What do they all have in common? 3of5 taken in 1st rd, and one taken early 2nd rd, and one taken in 3rd rd.. All are awesome players who would make a world of diffrence on giants..Kuechlys on pace to have the most tackles by a rookie since 1991! THe other NFL Rookies to lead the NFL in Tackles are Demeco Ryans and Patrick Willis, and Zach Thomas.. 2of the 3 won DROY...
    Sacks FFs interceptions and turnovers stemming from QB hurries end drives and win games. Mlbs do not provide this nearly as much as other positions. Linebackers tackle people, cool.

Veteran
    SInce Luke Kuechlys move to MLB, the Panthers have ranked 4th in Total defense..lol 5th in pass defense and 9th in rush defense...Argue that!
    Correlation does not mean causation.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Not sure what greg hardy getting drafted in the 6th round has to do with mlbs being less important than other positions. The chances of getting a top flight player in earlier rounds are significantly higher than that of later rounds. Therefore it makes the most sense to invest these picks into positions that will provide your team with the best chance of winning. There are probably 100 players in the league that provide their team with more impact than patrick willis. And none of those players are ilbs. Why would you use a pick on a great player at a position that doesnt really matter? You can have a good defense with terrible linebackers, the same cannot be said of the dl nor secondary.
    Uhh, Greg Hardy has to do with the fact u said "carolinas got a putrid defensive line", without even loooking to see they got the 10th and 13th leading sack men in the league.. Thats what.. it also means, that the highest priced DE in football, who left Carolina via FA'cy is being replaced and getting out produced by a mere former injury prone 6th rd draft pick..

How'd Mario Wiliams do in Buffalo this yr? Could it be he had a better overall defense in Houston, or the makings of one at least? Why isn't buffalos defense so awesome? I mean, they got Mario Wiliams , Marcel Dareus, Mark Anderson all on the same line, right? Could it be they don't have good players around em?

Again, Kuechly is on pace to have more tackles then any other rookie since 1991, and is also probably gonna win the DROY.. Since moving to MLB, Carolina's defense is 4th in the NFL in Total defense.. What can u say to that?

It's not ridiculous at all. Look how often they get drafted, look how much they get paid. They are not valued because they aren't nearly as important as other positions.
    If theyre as important as other positions is irrelevant, the argument is that theyre somehow not important regardless....
    & Ofcourse theyre not draft as often, also take a look around the leauge, majority of the NFL have legit MLB's....Id go as far to say, Giants are in the bottom 5 as far as MLB's go....

Correlation does not mean causation.
    Convient for u, i'd say.. Why do i get teh feeling God himself could tell u MLB's are important, and having good players in general make the diffrence, and u wouldent agree???lol

U didn't even have a clue what was going on in Caolina Defensivley, and ur still trying to debate.. U had no idea that Kuechlys move To MLB has coincided with Carolina being 4th in the NFL in total defense, and that there DE's rank 10th and 13th in the NFL in sacks, with the leader being a former 6th rd draft pick that replaced Julius Peppers and is doing better then Peppers in every category...

Veteran
    Uhh, Greg Hardy has to do with the fact u said "carolinas got a putrid defensive line", without even loooking to see they got the 10th and 13th leading sack men in the league.. Thats what.. it also means, that the highest priced DE in football, who left Carolina via FA'cy is being replaced and getting out produced by a mere former injury prone 6th rd draft pick.. How'd Mario Wiliams do in Buffalo this yr? Could it be he had a better overall defense in Houston, or the makings of one at least? Why isn't buffalos defense so awesome? I mean, they got Mario Wiliams , Marcel Dareus, Mark Anderson all on the same line, right? Could it be they don't have good players around em? Again, Kuechly is on pace to have more tackles then any other rookie since 1991, and is also probably gonna win the DROY.. Since moving to MLB, Carolina's defense is 4th in the NFL in Total defense.. What can u say to that?
    Mario Williams production got replaced by jj watt, among others. I don't understand what peppers declining with age has to do with anything. At all. Buffalo sucks because buffalo sucks. I don't watch them, don't know how well any of them are playing. But if all those guys you llisted on their team are playing bad then its obvious why. Just because theyre big names doesnt mean they can't play like ****. Look at osi and tuck. Winning droy doesnt provide any evidence of positional value. All in all you really aren't saying anything about how mlbs are far less impactful on any given game when compared to other positions. The only thing that you've pointed out is that the panther dl isn't as terrible as I led on.

Convient for u, i'd say.. Why do i get teh feeling God himself could tell u MLB's are important, and having good players in general make the diffrence, and u wouldent agree???lol

U didn't even have a clue what was going on in Caolina Defensivley, and ur still trying to debate.. U had no idea that Kuechlys move To MLB has coincided with Carolina being 4th in the NFL in total defense, and that there DE's rank 10th and 13th in the NFL in sacks, with the leader being a former 6th rd draft pick that replaced Julius Peppers and is doing better then Peppers in every category...
    Someone shouldve told the bears/ravens that Lewis/Urlacher were actually useless to their D & that they couldve got by with Blackburn these past years instead.......Or let 49er fans know that Willis/Bowman dont real make a difference...

Veteran
    Convient for u, i'd say.. Why do i get teh feeling God himself could tell u MLB's are important, and having good players in general make the diffrence, and u wouldent agree???lol U didn't even have a clue what was going on in Caolina Defensivley, and ur still trying to debate.. U had no idea that Kuechlys move To MLB has coincided with Carolina being 4th in the NFL in total defense, and that there DE's rank 10th and 13th in the NFL in sacks, with the leader being a former 6th rd draft pick that replaced Julius Peppers and is doing better then Peppers in every category...
    The replacement of peppers has literally nothing to do with anything being said. I don't need god to tell me anything, I will let the FOs of every team in the nfl speak for me. What positions get paid the most? Why do they get paid more than mlbs?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Someone shouldve told the bears/ravens that Lewis/Urlacher were actually useless to their D & that they couldve got by with Blackburn these past years instead.......Or let 49er fans know that Willis/Bowman dont real make a difference...
    The niners were terrible with willis until they got a pass rush and cover guys. Pass rushers will always be much more valuable than mlbs.

The replacement of peppers has literally nothing to do with anything being said. I don't need god to tell me anything, I will let the FOs of every team in the nfl speak for me. What positions get paid the most? Why do they get paid more than mlbs?
    You cant argue that MLBs arent important without bringing up other positions? So someone like Kuechly's 150+ tackles dont mean anything? He's 50/60+ tackles ahead of any of out LBs, thats like having a 12th man on the field.....And these Lb's arent giving up the big plays over the middle & making life harder on our secondary like ours do...

+ Reply to Thread