+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Te'o

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    You cant argue that MLBs arent important without bringing up other positions? So someone like Kuechly's 150+ tackles dont mean anything? He's 50/60+ tackles ahead of any of out LBs, thats like having a 12th man on the field.....And these Lb's arent giving up the big plays over the middle & making life harder on our secondary like ours do...
    Importance is relative term in relation to other positions. My argument is that a first round pick on a mlb will always be the wrong decision in the long run because of the overall impact they have on the game when compared to other positions.

You cant argue that MLBs arent important without bringing up other positions? So someone like Kuechly's 150+ tackles dont mean anything? He's 50/60+ tackles ahead of any of out LBs, thats like having a 12th man on the field.....And these Lb's arent giving up the big plays over the middle & making life harder on our secondary like ours do...
    The thing i don't get is the proof is in the fact that CAROLINA's Defense is ranked 4th in total defense since Kuechly has moved to MLB as a starter.. And then add in all his numbers which inclued a Defensive player of the week winner, and the fact hes got the most double digit tackle games outta anyone in the NFL, and someone imgrate says that it dosen't mean hes the reason why? I mean, what else is it? He said himself the secodnary is trash, and he also said the dline is trash.. Well, what else is there???lol

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Importance is relative term in relation to other positions. My argument is that a first round pick on a mlb will always be the wrong decision in the long run because of the overall impact they have on the game when compared to other positions.
    Are they as impactful as DE,Cbs? obviously not....But when your MLBs have been crappy as ours have been, spending a high pick on one seems necessary....You obviously dont grab one ahead of a Elite passrusher or potential shutdown CB.....But when you look at blackburn,dillard,G.jones,Goff, then yes MLB is very important....Going from junk to atleast a decent MLB would make a big difference on this D.....

Someone shouldve told the bears/ravens that Lewis/Urlacher were actually useless to their D & that they couldve got by with Blackburn these past years instead.......Or let 49er fans know that Willis/Bowman dont real make a difference...
    well said..lol I'll also add that Sean Weatherspoon means nothing to the revitilized Falcons defense as well..lol

Are they as impactful as DE,Cbs? obviously not....But when your MLBs have been crappy as ours have been, spending a high pick on one seems necessary....You obviously dont grab one ahead of a Elite passrusher or potential shutdown CB.....But when you look at blackburn,dillard,G.jones,Goff, then yes MLB is very important....Going from junk to atleast a decent MLB would make a big difference on this D.....
    The way i look at it, is if tehres a player whos better then a DE or CB, then u take em.. I mean, u don't take a CB or DE when u have a better looking playmaker at MLB starting u in the face... U know?

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The way i look at it, is if tehres a player whos better then a DE or CB, then u take em.. I mean, u don't take a CB or DE when u have a better looking playmaker at MLB starting u in the face... U know?
    Theres not the most important players on D & having a Pat willis isnt mandatory to have a great D,but when your LBs are below average, then you upgrade....As long as theyre one of the 11 men on the field & are a weakness,then you take care of the problem.....1st,round,2nd,Fa, Whatever it is, these guys arent worthy....Cant expect UDFAs,late round picks & other teams trash to put together a good corps..

Veteran
    Other than jpp and linval, we have no young talent on the dl. I'm not saying take a 3rd round rated player in the first, but if there's a first round rated de dt cb then you take him, regardless of the linebackers on the board, because even if he isn't as good of a player he will still impact the game more.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Completely disagree. A good corner/de/dt helps you more than a great mlb. FOs around the league agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Other than jpp and linval, we have no young talent on the dl. I'm not saying take a 3rd round rated player in the first, but if there's a first round rated de dt cb then you take him, regardless of the linebackers on the board, because even if he isn't as good of a player he will still impact the game more.
    I think we'd all agree that we need youth at DE & a playmaker interior...but anyone that thinks we dont need to consider upgrades at LB because theyrent important needs watch tape of LBs that other teams have & compare to ours...

hey imgrate

Luke Kuechly in his rookie year is already 10x better than Blackburn and he has been in the league for 7 years. PFF has Kuechly as the #5 overall ILB in the league this year. Blackburn? #46 lol he is so bad.

There is no such thing as a higher position of importance, especially on defense. Good players make plays at any position on the defense. JJ Watt is about to break the sack record as an interior lineman, Aldon Smith is about to break the sack record in his second year on the outside, Ray Lewis is a member of the 40 sack/30 int club, Derrel Revis can shut down anyone, and Ed Reed has been a turnover machine at Safety... Notice the pattern here? Every position can have a huge impact on the game.

Te'o has the play-making ability and leadership qualities to be the next Ray Lewis. In the last 2 seasons he has 235 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, 13 PDs, and a FF. PLAYMAKER.

+ Reply to Thread