+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Te'o

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Look how much a good corner like brandon carr gets paid then look at willis contract. GMs agree with me.

Patrick Willis' signing bonus was 3.5 million dollars more than Carrs lol you're an idiot. Also, you can't compare a contract of 2012 to one made in 2010. There's this thing called inflation and the fact that every year players get paid more than the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Don't care what he does at the combine, he has proven to be a very good player throughout his college career.
    Coulden't agree more.. I don't care what he runs, what he lifts, what anything.. The guys a beast, end of story..

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Patrick Willis' signing bonus was 3.5 million dollars more than Carrs lol you're an idiot. Also, you can't compare a contract of 2012 to one made in 2010. There's this thing called inflation and the fact that every year players get paid more than the last.
    I know,. rigth? Whats up with his "GM's will agree with me", and then hes dead wrong with what hes saying GM's will agree with him about??lol He did that twice in this thread.. Good dude, but a bit outta it in this thread...

Veteran
    . Jon beason got the "biggest" contract in '11. 25 mill guaranteed. Carr got 26.5 guaranteed.

Edit note: Willis did get 29 guaranteed
    Last edited by Imgrate; 12-30-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I know,. rigth? Whats up with his "GM's will agree with me", and then hes dead wrong with what hes saying GM's will agree with him about??lol He did that twice in this thread.. Good dude, but a bit outta it in this thread...
    No gm in the league values a mlb over any non lber position on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    hey imgrate

Luke Kuechly in his rookie year is already 10x better than Blackburn and he has been in the league for 7 years. PFF has Kuechly as the #5 overall ILB in the league this year. Blackburn? #46 lol he is so bad.

There is no such thing as a higher position of importance, especially on defense. Good players make plays at any position on the defense. JJ Watt is about to break the sack record as an interior lineman, Aldon Smith is about to break the sack record in his second year on the outside, Ray Lewis is a member of the 40 sack/30 int club, Derrel Revis can shut down anyone, and Ed Reed has been a turnover machine at Safety... Notice the pattern here? Every position can have a huge impact on the game.

Te'o has the play-making ability and leadership qualities to be the next Ray Lewis. In the last 2 seasons he has 235 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, 13 PDs, and a FF. PLAYMAKER.
    I disagree there is absolutely a positional hierarchy. Almost every team in the NFL will take an elite pass rusher over an Elite anything else

It simple Giants are not getting him. But the biggest piece to the Giants puzzle is getting a MLB. MLB is a NECESSITY to having a good defense. He allows the dline to not be double teamed as much due to lineman trying to get to second level to stop him. He makes them make weak blocks to ensure they get to him. Sets up defenses. I truly believe a defense has to be sound thru the middle. Dt MLB and safety this has been Philly major prob. Giants in super bowl had chase playing out of a**. Giants need a face at MLB because the core has been underachieving. Williams I like but needs to stay healthy. Thought rivers was solid when healthy. The last two weeks showed pay singer and Herzlich missed tackles and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    . Jon beason got the "biggest" contract in '11. 25 mill guaranteed. Carr got 26.5 guaranteed.

Edit note: Willis did get 29 guaranteed
    So you admit you're wrong?...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I disagree there is absolutely a positional hierarchy. Almost every team in the NFL will take an elite pass rusher over an Elite anything else
    Its funny how many of the elite DE's in this league have gone where they have though, ey? JPP middle of RD 1.. Jared Allen drafted in RD 4, John Abraham Pick 13 of RD 1, OSI Rd 2, and Tuck RD 3, Vanden BOesch RD 2, Michael Johnson RD 2, Chris Clemons Undrafted, Greg Hardy 6th rd, Cliff Avril 3rd rd, JJ Watt outside top 10, Micahel Bennett Undrafted, Cameron Wake Undrafted, Charles Johnson RD 3, Paul Kruger RD 2..etc

Those are all guys littering the top 20-23 or so in SACK LEADERS and just overall big sack careers... Theres a couple players taken in top 10 who either are doing real well this yr or have had good careers, like Mario Williams, and Demarcus Ware, but for the most part, these guys have been taken outside of RD 1, middle of RD 1, outside top 10..etc

What is so important isn't something u have to reach for.. Michael Strahan was taken in RD 2 as well.. U can find these guys at any point, just like any positon.. U shoulden't reach for guys becuase u think its so called "MORE IMPORTANT" then other positons.. Dwight Freeney went outta top 10 as wel...

My whole point is don't skip over what seems to be a better prospect at another positon just becuase u think its a more important posiotn.. All positons can be found with alittle good scouting in other rounds.. TAKE THE BETTER PROSPECTS! Obviously i added a few good pass rushers outside of DE's..

Of course, there is Von Miller as well, who was a top 10pick...

I keep hearing about ansah, anyone got any word on Margus Hunt & when you think he'll come off the board???

+ Reply to Thread