+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Te'o

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    They drafted gamble like ten years ago. We've drafted four corners in the first two rounds in that same timespan. The panthers absolutely would have been better off with cox. MLBs are not worth investing in. The difference in impact of a terrible 43 mlb like chase and a good one like keuchly is very small. How many turnovers has chase caused this year and how many has keuchly caused?
    This whole idea that LBs arent important is ridiculous.....Take all of our LBs off the field & lets see how great our D is starting 8 instead of 11....
    If your on the field,then your position is important.....I know theyre not all MLBS, but just within the past few years, Kuechly,Sean Lee,Wagner,Bowman,Weatherspoon,Lavonte David,laurenitis,Perry Riley,Akeem ayers,Burfict have all made their D's better....

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    This whole idea that LBs arent important is ridiculous.....Take all of our LBs off the field & lets see how great our D is starting 8 instead of 11....
    If your on the field,then your position is important.....I know theyre not all MLBS, but just within the past few years, Kuechly,Sean Lee,Wagner,Bowman,Weatherspoon,Lavonte David,laurenitis,Perry Riley,Akeem ayers,Burfict have all made their D's better....
    +1

+ A GAZILLION!

Veteran
    This whole idea that LBs arent important is ridiculous.....Take all of our LBs off the field & lets see how great our D is starting 8 instead of 11....If your on the field,then your position is important.....I know theyre not all MLBS, but just within the past few years, Kuechly,Sean Lee,Wagner,Bowman,Weatherspoon,Lavonte David,laurenitis,Perry Riley,Akeem ayers,Burfict have all made their D's better....
    It's not ridiculous at all. Look how often they get drafted, look how much they get paid. They are not valued because they aren't nearly as important as other positions.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Luke Kuechly in his rookie year is already 10x better than Blackburn and he has been in the league for 7 years. PFF has Kuechly as the #5 overall ILB in the league this year. Blackburn? #46 lol he is so bad. There is no such thing as a higher position of importance, especially on defense. Good players make plays at any position on the defense. JJ Watt is about to break the sack record as an interior lineman, Aldon Smith is about to break the sack record in his second year on the outside, Ray Lewis is a member of the 40 sack/30 int club, Derrel Revis can shut down anyone, and Ed Reed has been a turnover machine at Safety... Notice the pattern here? Every position can have a huge impact on the game.Te'o has the play-making ability and leadership qualities to be the next Ray Lewis. In the last 2 seasons he has 235 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, 13 PDs, and a FF. PLAYMAKER.
    Other positions have more impact on the game than mlbs. Your examples of players is all the evidence I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Greg Hardy wasnt the normal type of middle round DE pick. He just had injuries but he could of been a 1st rounder. They just took a chance on him it was a good move.
    Could of been, but was instead drafted in ROUND 6.. Round 6!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    It's not ridiculous at all. Look how often they get drafted, look how much they get paid. They are not valued because they aren't nearly as important as other positions.
    are u kidding? First off, no one said a word about drafting a gazillion MLBs in rd 1, it takes special kinda talents to get into RD 1 consideration, and when u find one, they make big diffrences.. U don't just take a DE and leave a prized MLB prospect on the board.. Thats silly.. Of course, if theres a DE worthy of taking, and u need a DE horribly, and hes the better prospect then the MLB, u take em..
    I'm just saying, don't leave talent on the draft board to go take antoher positon becuase u think its more important.. Thats nuts..

I'm still wondering why Greg Hardy a 6th rd pick has double the tackles, and half a sack less then Julius Peppers, the guy he replaced and was given gazillions of dollars? U think the Panthers made a bad move then letting him go? I mean, they fixed the problem with a injury prone 6th rd draft pick, and are getting more production then Peppers is getting.. Its not about the postion, but teh players u draft.. U draft good players at any positon, ur gonna eventually notice a diffrence...

Luke Keuchly is in prime positon to take home NFL defensive rookie of the yr.. He just won NFL defensive Player of the wk.. I guess someone thinks hes important..

Look at the Tackle leaders in the NFL.. Kuechly is 1st, Greenway is 2nd, Bowman is 3rd, Mayo is 4th, Lauranitis is 5th.. What do they all have in common? 3of5 taken in 1st rd, and one taken early 2nd rd, and one taken in 3rd rd.. All are awesome players who would make a world of diffrence on giants..

Kuechlys on pace to have the most tackles by a rookie since 1991! THe other NFL Rookies to lead the NFL in Tackles are Demeco Ryans and Patrick Willis, and Zach Thomas.. 2of the 3 won DROY...

SInce Luke Kuechlys move to MLB, the Panthers have ranked 4th in Total defense..lol 5th in pass defense and 9th in rush defense...

Argue that!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    are u kidding? First off, no one said a word about drafting a gazillion MLBs in rd 1, it takes special kinda talents to get into RD 1 consideration, and when u find one, they make big diffrences.. U don't just take a DE and leave a prized MLB prospect on the board.. Thats silly.. Of course, if theres a DE worthy of taking, and u need a DE horribly, and hes the better prospect then the MLB, u take em.. I'm just saying, don't leave talent on the draft board to go take antoher positon becuase u think its more important.. Thats nuts..I'm still wondering why Greg Hardy a 6th rd pick has double the tackles, and half a sack less then Julius Peppers, the guy he replaced and was given gazillions of dollars? U think the Panthers made a bad move then letting him go? I mean, they fixed the problem with a injury prone 6th rd draft pick, and are getting more production then Peppers is getting.. Its not about the postion, but teh players u draft.. U draft good players at any positon, ur gonna eventually notice a diffrence...
    Not sure what greg hardy getting drafted in the 6th round has to do with mlbs being less important than other positions. The chances of getting a top flight player in earlier rounds are significantly higher than that of later rounds. Therefore it makes the most sense to invest these picks into positions that will provide your team with the best chance of winning. There are probably 100 players in the league that provide their team with more impact than patrick willis. And none of those players are ilbs. Why would you use a pick on a great player at a position that doesnt really matter? You can have a good defense with terrible linebackers, the same cannot be said of the dl nor secondary.