+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Te'o

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Completely disagree. A good corner/de/dt helps you more than a great mlb. FOs around the league agree with me.
    They do ey??lol I guess when Manti Te'o goes ahead of Ez Ansah, Okafor, and probably a few other touted DE's, and the fact Kuechly went top 10, and Willis went when he did, and so on and so fourth, will still make u right, ey?

Bottom line, u said that Carolina going from dreadful on Defense when Kuechly wasen't starting at MLB, to 4th Ranked in Total Defense with him at MLB, dosen't mean its Kuechly whos the reason. But in teh same thread, u trash Carolinas Secondary and Dline..lol Well done, my friend..

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    hey imgrate

Luke Kuechly in his rookie year is already 10x better than Blackburn and he has been in the league for 7 years. PFF has Kuechly as the #5 overall ILB in the league this year. Blackburn? #46 lol he is so bad.

There is no such thing as a higher position of importance, especially on defense. Good players make plays at any position on the defense. JJ Watt is about to break the sack record as an interior lineman, Aldon Smith is about to break the sack record in his second year on the outside, Ray Lewis is a member of the 40 sack/30 int club, Derrel Revis can shut down anyone, and Ed Reed has been a turnover machine at Safety... Notice the pattern here? Every position can have a huge impact on the game.

Te'o has the play-making ability and leadership qualities to be the next Ray Lewis. In the last 2 seasons he has 235 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 7 interceptions, 13 PDs, and a FF. PLAYMAKER.
    Bingo! U start reaching for players due to u thinking its more important positon, u end up without a job... U see a Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Mike Iupati, Anthony Davis( TE, MLB, G, RT) and u draft them, all being positons of so called "non importance" by some, and what do u know, ur on ur way to the postseason yet again, and ur one of the best ALL AROUND young teams in the NFL...

All-Pro
    Anyway, the Giants are not getting him.

You can bash the panthers secondary, but you cant bash their defensive line and linebacker core.
    ​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Anyway, the Giants are not getting him.
    Yup pretty much. I think a darkhorse possibility for him would be to the Lions. They lack leadership on the defensive side of the ball and he could be the guy to get that team in shape. I just can't see him getting past the 10th unless a serious injury issue is discovered and he has some HORRIBLE 40 time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Yup pretty much. I think a darkhorse possibility for him would be to the Lions. They lack leadership on the defensive side of the ball and he could be the guy to get that team in shape. I just can't see him getting past the 10th unless a serious injury issue is discovered and he has some HORRIBLE 40 time lol.
    I know the guy is good but I keep getting this gut feeling he'll have workout numbers equal to Burflict(minus character issues). I don't know why but I just get that feeling.

The issue though comes down to if he is still there and someone like Ansah is sitting there. I still say you have to go Ansah, just because the 4-3 we run requires ends getting to the quarterback. As soft as our middle has been, end is still a priority.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 12-29-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I know the guy is good but I keep getting this gut feeling he'll have workout numbers equal to Burflict(minus character issues). I don't know why but I just get that feeling.

The issue though comes down to if he is still there and someone like Ansah is sitting there. I still say you have to go Ansah, just because the 4-3 we run requires ends getting to the quarterback. As soft as our middle has been, end is still a priority.
    It comes down to what u think of the players on the board when u pick.. If u think a Eric Fisher is better then a Ez Ansah, u take fisher.. If u think a Ogletree is better then Ansah, u take ogletree..etc U simply don't take a player becuase u think its more important positon.. When a team has mega needs, it don't make sense to prioritize like that, becuse its not gonna make the diffrence right now anyway, and u could end with a better END down the rd, and not have the same talent to choose from at T or MLB... I see it happen all the time to the crappy teams in the league..

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Hes not getting by the 10th pick anymore then Luke Kuechly was last yr.. 90pct of this board would of passed on Kuechly if they were GM of the panthers, because of his positon, and the guys on his way to winning the DROY, and has since moving to MLB, helped propel Carolina into 4th in the NFL in total defense...

All-Pro
    Don't care what he does at the combine, he has proven to be a very good player throughout his college career.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    They do ey??lol I guess when Manti Te'o goes ahead of Ez Ansah, Okafor, and probably a few other touted DE's, and the fact Kuechly went top 10, and Willis went when he did, and so on and so fourth, will still make u right, ey?Bottom line, u said that Carolina going from dreadful on Defense when Kuechly wasen't starting at MLB, to 4th Ranked in Total Defense with him at MLB, dosen't mean its Kuechly whos the reason. But in teh same thread, u trash Carolinas Secondary and Dline..lol Well done, my friend..
    Look how much a good corner like brandon carr gets paid then look at willis contract. GMs agree with me.

+ Reply to Thread