+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Killdrive lovers part 150 where are you ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Thought so. I hate being right but he needs to be replaced. Giants playmakers arent taking 10 yard plays for 80 yard tds anymore and the league has easily shut our offense down and Killdrive has no clue how to fix the problem. He has only been coaching for how many years???? He needs guys on offense to bail him out like Cruz did all last year or nicks did in the playoffs. This team couldnt go 80 yards down the field methodically as the offense is built for hope and pray plays down the field. I am beyond frustrated with this offense and the lack of being able to make a simple play or get a couple of first downs. Why is the browns offense better then ours ? KC's offense is probably better then ours. Players or System ???.
    Its funny Baltimore and Atlanta seemed to have an idea on offense what they will run and to attack certain players or when to call plays vs our blitzes or whatever. Do you ever get the sense we have a single plan on offense to attack other teams ?? It is almost like we have no plan.... Judging by the body of work our offense cant even get a first down. Do you ever see Brady or Brees or whoever have that much difficulty ? win or loose it doesnt matter the fact that we are incapable of making a first down is scarry. We had what 180 yards most of them garbage yards and 1 play that got us 43 yards which was a hope and pray throw up in the air ?? seriously that is alarming. Ravens defense isnt the same ravens defense of old but of course we made them look like the 85 bears.

I think we need to get rid of the OC bigtime and get some new idea and get rid of this down field passing cr ap. Its not working. Dallas I think exposed us on this and provided the blue print on how to stop our offense.
    Don't know about Kilbride but his quarterback has played like crap, his offensive line has done nothing and looked more like Spanish Matadors, than NFL linemen, and the WRs, when not hurt, were dropping the ball. As for the running game, his lead RB has been listed as Questionable to play for 2 1/2 years now, with broken feet and ankles.........and you blame Gilbride for the offense playing worse than the Jets?!?! How could Gilbride call the right play with garbage on the filed?

Thought so. I hate being right but he needs to be replaced. Giants playmakers arent taking 10 yard plays for 80 yard tds anymore and the league has easily shut our offense down and Killdrive has no clue how to fix the problem. He has only been coaching for how many years???? He needs guys on offense to bail him out like Cruz did all last year or nicks did in the playoffs. This team couldnt go 80 yards down the field methodically as the offense is built for hope and pray plays down the field. I am beyond frustrated with this offense and the lack of being able to make a simple play or get a couple of first downs. Why is the browns offense better then ours ? KC's offense is probably better then ours. Players or System ???.
    Its funny Baltimore and Atlanta seemed to have an idea on offense what they will run and to attack certain players or when to call plays vs our blitzes or whatever. Do you ever get the sense we have a single plan on offense to attack other teams ?? It is almost like we have no plan.... Judging by the body of work our offense cant even get a first down. Do you ever see Brady or Brees or whoever have that much difficulty ? win or loose it doesnt matter the fact that we are incapable of making a first down is scarry. We had what 180 yards most of them garbage yards and 1 play that got us 43 yards which was a hope and pray throw up in the air ?? seriously that is alarming. Ravens defense isnt the same ravens defense of old but of course we made them look like the 85 bears.

I think we need to get rid of the OC bigtime and get some new idea and get rid of this down field passing cr ap. Its not working. Dallas I think exposed us on this and provided the blue print on how to stop our offense.
    You haven't been right about a single thing that you have ever posted on these boards and your perfect record remains intact.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    1 thing I despise about him is when she starts a game he doesn't script the opening 2 drives. He uses the opening drive to run vanilla plays to get an idea of what to defense is going to be doing. From there he decides the best way to attack. I I hate that because we always trail early and have to come back.
    Why should he script th eopening drives moron...what does that do?

Veteran

The best part of people like you is going to be when Eli still throwing interceptions like he ALWAYS has to the other team when we do get a new coordinator. That and making boneheaded decisions on the norm.

Will that be the next offensive coordinators fault too? probably. I mean after all. Its not like Eli never checks into a half-back draw when he see's two safeties in the middle of the field. Thats ridiculous. Its all Gilbride, duh. However, if the play works its definitely because of l Eli. Makes sense.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The offense was putrid this year, however, I defend KG. We have often been a top 10 offense with him as our OC, and he's a big part of why we won 2 SBs. I think our problems are execution of the plays that are called. I'd start with the Oline. It's been patched for too many years. They need a real infusion of talent this off-season. Add in the injuries to key players such as: Locklear, Bradshaw, Snee, and Nicks, and you have an offense that can't execute the play called, whatever the play is. No need to stack the box, because we can't run. Double Cruz, and no one else can be relied on to convert a third down. Those are the real issues with the offense, not KG.
    That's the problem with KG. He's not creative. He doesn't make adjustments. Look at Green Bay this year. They suffered injuries to Cedric Benson, Jordy Nelson, and Greg Jennings, and that's just off the top of my head. Yet they're 11-4 and on their way to the playoffs. Obviously they have an advantage at quarterback, but that's good coaching, too. Adjusting. Not having the same game plan whether or not your best receivers are hurt.

Defending KG by saying, "he's great when everyone is healthy and executing perfectly!" is a pretty lame defense.

And the playcalling was flat out incompetent at times. The 4th down calls against Atlanta were atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradroid View Post
    That's the problem with KG. He's not creative. He doesn't make adjustments. Look at Green Bay this year. They suffered injuries to Cedric Benson, Jordy Nelson, and Greg Jennings, and that's just off the top of my head. Yet they're 11-4 and on their way to the playoffs. Obviously they have an advantage at quarterback, but that's good coaching, too. Adjusting. Not having the same game plan whether or not your best receivers are hurt.

Defending KG by saying, "he's great when everyone is healthy and executing perfectly!" is a pretty lame defense.

And the playcalling was flat out incompetent at times. The 4th down calls against Atlanta were atrocious.
    KG offers more upside than downside. Saying "he's not creative and doesn't make adjustments, when the players aren't executing," is a pretty weak attack. Can't you see that we do not have a running game that is a threat? The Oline gets no push. There is nothing to draw the safety in, he knows he needs to stay deep, because the LBers will take care of the run. With Nicks injured, who do you think the Giants have established as a threat aside from Cruz? They double Cruz and everyone else can't beat single coverage consistently. The players need to step up and win those one on one battles.

You asked where are the KG supporters. I reply, "here I am." I still support him. If you don't agree with this, that's fine. We can agree to disagree.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Why should he script th eopening drives moron...what does that do?
    pls, we all know ur the moron and ur post easily is an example.

Gb, ne, atl, dallas, NO etc etc script their opening two drives, 20 plays. Now i know one must know football to know that, which explains why u dont. Nothing more needed to say to u...except, its quite obvious ur a troll. Calling me a moron bc of that post? Are u upset that u been called out and tagged?
    I wonder how pathetic a life must be to be like that smh

And what it does is score points early. The reason we receive whenever we win the toss imo is bc tc knows this. If we defer, tc realizes the d could conceded two scores before kg gets going. Btw this is by kgs own admission that he uses the first couple series to get an idea of what the d is doing before he formukates his plan of attack
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-26-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Veteran
    KG offers more upside than downside. Saying "he's not creative and doesn't make adjustments, when the players aren't executing," is a pretty weak attack. Can't you see that we do not have a running game that is a threat? The Oline gets no push. There is nothing to draw the safety in, he knows he needs to stay deep, because the LBers will take care of the run. With Nicks injured, who do you think the Giants have established as a threat aside from Cruz? They double Cruz and everyone else can't beat single coverage consistently. The players need to step up and win those one on one battles.

You asked where are the KG supporters. I reply, "here I am." I still support him. If you don't agree with this, that's fine. We can agree to disagree.
    So your saying killdrive is helpless? There is not ONE thing he can do to help with scheme or playcalling
    when he knows his players are hurt/old/not talented, etc......?

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    So your saying killdrive is helpless? There is not ONE thing he can do to help with scheme or playcalling
    when he knows his players are hurt/old/not talented, etc......?
    Don't put words in my mouth. You are the one saying he is helpless. You are the one badmouthing him. I'm saying the players aren't making plays. They aren't executing. You blame KG when a play fails. I blame the players for not getting the job done. There are times when I get frustrated with the playcalling too. KG is not perfect. You and I don't see eye to eye on this. However, I'm not posting threads titled, "Where are all the Killdrive haters part 150?" after we win a SB. Yet you chose to call me out when things aren't going well? You are implying I am an idiot for supporting KG, I'm telling you, there is another view point.

Tell me, when it's third and one and we go deep and we score a TD is that good or bad play calling? Because I bet my house when it's third and one and we go deep and it's incomplete, you think KG is an idiot.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Don't put words in my mouth. You are the one saying he is helpless. You are the one badmouthing him. I'm saying the players aren't making plays. They aren't executing. You blame KG when a play fails. I blame the players for not getting the job done. There are times when I get frustrated with the playcalling too. KG is not perfect. You and I don't see eye to eye on this. However, I'm not posting threads titled, "Where are all the Killdrive haters part 150?" after we win a SB. Yet you chose to call me out when things aren't going well? You are implying I am an idiot for supporting KG, I'm telling you, there is another view point.

Tell me, when it's third and one and we go deep and we score a TD is that good or bad play calling? Because I bet my house when it's third and one and we go deep and it's incomplete, you think KG is an idiot.
    great post.

the problem is when you're biased against someone or something, everything you see is completely tainted by it.

which is why when we run up the gut on 3rd and short gilbride gets ripped for being predictable, and when he runs outside or throws the ball on 3rd and short he gets ripped fro being passhappy or overcomplicating the playbook.

point is, either way, when something doesn't go right its because of Gilbride, and when it does go right it's in spite of him.

the guy can't win. Sorry, the guy can't win something other than superbowls.

+ Reply to Thread