+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Killdrive lovers part 150 where are you ?

Veteran
    Absolutely cannot stand the mass amounts of coordinator hate threads but the lack of TC hate threads. If you have a problem with kg or pf then you inherently have a bigger problem with TC. Noone has the balls to say anything about TC, and it's trendy to rag on coordinators. Grow up. TC hired these guys, oversees them, and has fired 3 other coordinators that did a terrible job.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradroid View Post
    That's the problem with KG. He's not creative. He doesn't make adjustments. Look at Green Bay this year. They suffered injuries to Cedric Benson, Jordy Nelson, and Greg Jennings, and that's just off the top of my head. Yet they're 11-4 and on their way to the playoffs. Obviously they have an advantage at quarterback, but that's good coaching, too. Adjusting. Not having the same game plan whether or not your best receivers are hurt.

Defending KG by saying, "he's great when everyone is healthy and executing perfectly!" is a pretty lame defense.

And the playcalling was flat out incompetent at times. The 4th down calls against Atlanta were atrocious.
    wow finally someone gets it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    pls, we all know ur the moron and ur post easily is an example.

Gb, ne, atl, dallas, NO etc etc script their opening two drives, 20 plays. Now i know one must know football to know that, which explains why u dont. Nothing more needed to say to u...except, its quite obvious ur a troll. Calling me a moron bc of that post? Are u upset that u been called out and tagged?
    I wonder how pathetic a life must be to be like that smh

And what it does is score points early. The reason we receive whenever we win the toss imo is bc tc knows this. If we defer, tc realizes the d could conceded two scores before kg gets going. Btw this is by kgs own admission that he uses the first couple series to get an idea of what the d is doing before he formukates his plan of attack
    I'm confused about this. How can you possibly script your first 2 drives? I mean, I understand if you have an idea or a list of plays you want to use. But a script is...like a movie script, where everything that will happen is set in stone?

What if the script fails the first 2 plays and you are 3rd a 25. Keep with the script that says run off tackle on the 3rd play?

Sorry, but I totally do not understand this

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by a sc

Veteran
    Bottom line is we have no identity on offense. have no plan B cant score tds only Fgs. Cannot manage to get first downs consistently. Never know when to run or pass. Sounds like a great offense ?? who is in charge of this offense ?? I wonder who.

If ppl are continuing to support him based on his other successes then they should be able to be honest and say he isnt cutting it now. Works both ways.

Your telling me the reason why our offense was ranked high last year wasnt because of guys like Cruz pulling off miracle catch and runs ? you think we scored all those points by engineering tons of 80 yard drives where Killdrive out smarted the opposition. Guys dont you get it teams took away our deep passing game and we have no answer. Dont blame o line, maybe the oline has to hold blocks too long because we are so focused on 30 yard plays down the field. He hasnt changed his logic or strategy and as a result we are struggling. I wont mention another word on the guy. its a waste of time.

you can't say it works both ways and then attribute good years to players and bad years poor coaching. we all have our points of view and interpret the facts to suit our own purposes.

point is some people trust coughlin and some don't. coughlin wants gilbride as his OC, and that's all i need to continue to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ..........quick, second and 9, what's the playcall?
    A good OC on his play card has 2nd 9 plus 50 - 50 at least the troll has neither so it takes forever to get a play in

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Absolutely cannot stand the mass amounts of coordinator hate threads but the lack of TC hate threads. If you have a problem with kg or pf then you inherently have a bigger problem with TC. Noone has the balls to say anything about TC, and it's trendy to rag on coordinators. Grow up. TC hired these guys, oversees them, and has fired 3 other coordinators that did a terrible job.
    I don't hate TC but the problem with TC is that he lets his coordinators do whatever they want and he trusts that they are doing the right thing even when it doesn't work out. A HC is suppose to step in and say this or that isn't working and that they should try something else. In his presser he doesn't even have answers as to why things aren't going well. A HC is suppose to identify the problems and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Thought so. I hate being right but he needs to be replaced. Giants playmakers arent taking 10 yard plays for 80 yard tds anymore and the league has easily shut our offense down and Killdrive has no clue how to fix the problem. He has only been coaching for how many years???? He needs guys on offense to bail him out like Cruz did all last year or nicks did in the playoffs. This team couldnt go 80 yards down the field methodically as the offense is built for hope and pray plays down the field. I am beyond frustrated with this offense and the lack of being able to make a simple play or get a couple of first downs. Why is the browns offense better then ours ? KC's offense is probably better then ours. Players or System ???.
    Its funny Baltimore and Atlanta seemed to have an idea on offense what they will run and to attack certain players or when to call plays vs our blitzes or whatever. Do you ever get the sense we have a single plan on offense to attack other teams ?? It is almost like we have no plan.... Judging by the body of work our offense cant even get a first down. Do you ever see Brady or Brees or whoever have that much difficulty ? win or loose it doesnt matter the fact that we are incapable of making a first down is scarry. We had what 180 yards most of them garbage yards and 1 play that got us 43 yards which was a hope and pray throw up in the air ?? seriously that is alarming. Ravens defense isnt the same ravens defense of old but of course we made them look like the 85 bears.

I think we need to get rid of the OC bigtime and get some new idea and get rid of this down field passing cr ap. Its not working. Dallas I think exposed us on this and provided the blue print on how to stop our offense.
    Anyone that loves Gilbride also loves their spouse after they cheated on them endlessly
    Close or you hit the bricks

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Anyone that loves Gilbride also loves their spouse after they cheated on them endlessly
    TC would be lost without KG they concocted this offensive scheme together and I don't think TC likes change at all..... I'd be real surprised if we see any coaching changes
    Last edited by byron; 12-26-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I'm confused about this. How can you possibly script your first 2 drives? I mean, I understand if you have an idea or a list of plays you want to use. But a script is...like a movie script, where everything that will happen is set in stone?

What if the script fails the first 2 plays and you are 3rd a 25. Keep with the script that says run off tackle on the 3rd play?

Sorry, but I totally do not understand this

Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by a sc
    I mean is the offenses coordinator generates a plan for the first 20 or so plays he will follow that like a script. They are able to do this because they understand the opposing defense enough to know how best to attack right off the bat. I'm not making this up. Holmgrem was one of the best I seen at it. The Reason I guess they choose to do this is to ensure they can score early to get a lead or not fall behind. They understand how best to exploit a matchup right off the bat. I know it might not be easy to understand, but I assure you the best offensive coaches are generating their First 20 or so plays and I wish we did more of this. We almost always waste the first few drives so KG can try and figure how to attack. When really, he should've done that the week leading up to the game.
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 12-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread