+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Killdrive lovers part 150 where are you ?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ..........quick, second and 9, what's the playcall?
    Bubble screen!

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    you obviously didn't read the articles I just posted

and yes Gilbride has always done it
    Makes a lot of sense now that we're always down by double digits in the first quarter.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm praying that some team takes Gilbride off our hands, and the past 2 games are a big reason why.

People say "Gilbride can't catch the ball, make the block, etc., etc.".......and I agree, sometimes, these players make Gilbride look bad.

But then again, the reverse is true......there have been many occasions when Eli will throw up a gorgeous deep ball that Nicks and Cruz pull down for a huge gain.

In Super Bowl 42 and 46, it came down to Eli running a superb 2 minute drill to win both games.

Last weekend was a perfect example of why I think a change is needed. The Giants finally seemed to have a heartbeart after Wilson ripped off a sweet TD run. The score at the time was 14-7.

So, what do the Giants do?.......instead of going back to the well, and playing the hot hand, they stick Wilson back on the bench to cool off, and turn back to Bradhshaw, who was clearly not healthy enough to contribute. Bradshaw's blocking v. the Falcons was worse than anything I saw this entire season from Wilson.

I really think I've seen everything I'm going to see from Gilbride. I don't expect his approach to change....I don't expect to see any game-time adjustments, or new plays.

Games fall into one of several categories:

1) Eli is on, and makes Gilbride look like a genius.....and I'll admit, Gilbride's scheme works great when Eli is playing lights-out.
    2) Eli struggles, and Gilbride does nothing to bail him out.

I can't remember the last play-action, the last reverse, the last flea-flicker, the last time they went no-huddle to trap an opponent's defense in an unfavorable personnel package.

Gilbride has spent too many seasons placing all his eggs in Eli's basket.
    Thank you for knowing whats up its a real relief that some people here get it.

All-Pro
    What happens when teams take away our deep passing game ?? you are witnessing it now and we are awful on offense. Want another year of the same offense. ?

KILLDRIVE SHOOD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Makes a lot of sense now that we're always down by double digits in the first quarter.
    how so ?

every team in the league for the past 40 years or so has scripted the first 15

it has proven to be a very strategic way to get a feel for how defenses will react to certain formations

but somehow when Gilbride does it ...it's no good?

...if anything it proves that this offense couldn't execute a death row inmate

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    it is very common in the NFL

less common than it was say 10 or 15 years ago.....but still quite common

Bill Walsh was widely known for this ......and sticking to it always

and Gilbride does do this ....but does not always stick to it

a couple articles on the topic

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...-opening-plays

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...td-to-gilbride
    Interesting articles, thanks. It sounds like they do it just as much to see how the D reacts to certain formations or movement as to score. Also, it indicates that 3rd down is not part of the script (which resolves the situation I posted earlier).

So, all those who want KG fired, who do you have in mind as his replacement? What makes them better/more qualified than a man who consistently runs a top ten offense and has won 2 SBs?

What "creative" play do you want to see on 3rd and 1? The Flea-flicker?
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Thought so. I hate being right but he needs to be replaced. Giants playmakers arent taking 10 yard plays for 80 yard tds anymore and the league has easily shut our offense down and Killdrive has no clue how to fix the problem. He has only been coaching for how many years???? He needs guys on offense to bail him out like Cruz did all last year or nicks did in the playoffs. This team couldnt go 80 yards down the field methodically as the offense is built for hope and pray plays down the field. I am beyond frustrated with this offense and the lack of being able to make a simple play or get a couple of first downs. Why is the browns offense better then ours ? KC's offense is probably better then ours. Players or System ???.
    Its funny Baltimore and Atlanta seemed to have an idea on offense what they will run and to attack certain players or when to call plays vs our blitzes or whatever. Do you ever get the sense we have a single plan on offense to attack other teams ?? It is almost like we have no plan.... Judging by the body of work our offense cant even get a first down. Do you ever see Brady or Brees or whoever have that much difficulty ? win or loose it doesnt matter the fact that we are incapable of making a first down is scarry. We had what 180 yards most of them garbage yards and 1 play that got us 43 yards which was a hope and pray throw up in the air ?? seriously that is alarming. Ravens defense isnt the same ravens defense of old but of course we made them look like the 85 bears.

I think we need to get rid of the OC bigtime and get some new idea and get rid of this down field passing cr ap. Its not working. Dallas I think exposed us on this and provided the blue print on how to stop our offense.
    I've been a KG supporter, and still am. It's not KG's fault that Eli hasn't had a good year, that Nicks has been playing injured and that Cruz hasn't been the same since that blast he took against the Bengals. Not KG's fault that our talent on the o-line is very mediocre. Not his fault that AB is constantly playing on bad feet. The Giants have had some of the highest scoring offenses since he's been our OC, and we've won 2 SB's with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I've been a KG supporter, and still am. It's not KG's fault that Eli hasn't had a good year, that Nicks has been playing injured and that Cruz hasn't been the same since that blast he took against the Bengals. Not KG's fault that our talent on the o-line is very mediocre. Not his fault that AB is constantly playing on bad feet. The Giants have had some of the highest scoring offenses since he's been our OC, and we've won 2 SB's with him.
    No, but its KG's fault for calling as many shotgun draws as he does. If it doesn't work, stop using it!

+ Reply to Thread