Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Eagles fan here. I come in peace!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGuy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. With the huge horseshoe that's always up your asses, I could see this happening.
    dont know about the whole horseshoe thing but you are right, any team that goes all the way has to have a bit of luck on their side. We had it last year and in 07. This year the skins and Seattle seem to have it.. Look at the play in the endzone vs GB for the hawks. Look at the hit rg3 took vs us dislodging him from the ball. The ball bounce right to a skins WR who goes in for a TD. That's the kind of luck needed in a SB season
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by gingerob View Post
    Hi Gmen,

I am travelling over from the UK tomorrow to NYC and I will be attending the game with the great Eagles at your house.
    Any thing I need to know about coming as an overseas Eagles fan? Apart from the ball busting and you guys mentioning something called a SuperBow?

I'll be staying in Manhattan so is the train from Penn station to the Metlife stadium changing at Secaucus Junction on the way?
    Your best bet....respect your team, but don't disrespect the Giants and their fans. Don't stand up after every Eagles first down and point first down like the referees. Cheer for your team, but don't over-do it. Don't talk smack. Talk football. Yes, if you wear Eagles colors, jerseys, logos, etc, you will get heckled. Just take it in stride. If you ignore it, you'll be fine. If you respond to it, the heckling will get worse. Visiting a division rival stadium is mostly a rough experience. But, if you ignore the crap, you will have a better fan experience.

Take the train into Secaucus Jct and transfer. The Meadowlands spur runs off of the Pascack Valley line. The train lets you off by the SAP gate (former MetLife Gate). Going clockwise from there, the gates are Verizon, the Great Hall, Pepsi, Bud Light, Players Entrance and back to SAP. There are many ways to get into the stadium. In the end zones, there is a ramp going from ground to the 300 level....similar to the old Yankee Stadium, if you are familiar with that. There are also stairs that go from ground to the 300 level (196 steps to the top if you feel like working out your legs). There are 3 escalators at the Pepsi, Verizon and SAP gates that go from level to level. There are only 2 escalators at the Bud Light gate since the truck entrances are there. Section 101 is between the Pepsi & Bud light gate and the section numbers increase clockwise from there. Section 125 is in the area between the SAP & Verizon gate. So, that should give you a pretty good idea on how to get around the stadium. There is a room, it may be worth seeing even though you are an Eagles fan, its called the Legacy Room. Its all Giants memorbilia and history. The Vince Lombardi Trophies and George Halas Trophies are on display. I say that not to break your chops, but just to see the Super Bowl Trophies in person are pretty cool. You can see what details are engraved on the trophies after the Super Bowl and before the next regular season. Its a vantage point that you don't normally get to see, especially since you live across the pond. If you are interested in seeing it, go to the great hall between the Pepsi Gate & Verizon Gate, turn left. Go up the stairs. You'll see the long line on the right. Its above the team store.

Enjoy the game! Have a good time!

Like I said earlier, just pretend you're showing up at Old Trafford wearing a Liverpool jersey. That's the easiest analogy I can find so that UK fans of American football can understand just what is going on with a good number of divisional rivalries in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Stands For Greatness View Post
    Your best bet....respect your team, but don't disrespect the Giants and their fans. Don't stand up after every Eagles first down and point first down like the referees. Cheer for your team, but don't over-do it. Don't talk smack. Talk football. Yes, if you wear Eagles colors, jerseys, logos, etc, you will get heckled. Just take it in stride. If you ignore it, you'll be fine. If you respond to it, the heckling will get worse. Visiting a division rival stadium is mostly a rough experience. But, if you ignore the crap, you will have a better fan experience.
    So act like a **** and you get treated like one! Show respect when in someone else's house and you'll be OK. That's for the reply its really good.
    Last edited by gingerob; 12-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    dont know about the whole horseshoe thing but you are right, any team that goes all the way has to have a bit of luck on their side. We had it last year and in 07. This year the skins and Seattle seem to have it.. Look at the play in the endzone vs GB for the hawks. Look at the hit rg3 took vs us dislodging him from the ball. The ball bounce right to a skins WR who goes in for a TD. That's the kind of luck needed in a SB season

The horseshoe thing is just an Eagles fan's way of making himself feel better about his team.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Stands For Greatness View Post

This is excellent advice. I have spent a lot of time with other teams fans here and have been to games in other team's buildings. I've never had a problem. Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles....never had a problem in any stadium...mainly because I've always respected the whole team...sure I want my team to win but no one wants some obnoxious jerk off shoving every positive play made by his team in their collective faces.

And yes, I've seen fans from other teams get into fights here, but in every case the fan was exactly the kind of obnoxious jerk off I just described above.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    If all fell into place and we made it back in while cowboys were eliminated you think Cre would show back up here Sunday night
    if this happens, most likely be back here on monday

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    if you are referring to me as trying to be insulting, i wasnt. i think the simple truth speaks great volumes alone. the word shame comes to mind when i think of the giants. i dont want to rub it in to much.
    15 years 1 playoff win and you talk about shame?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raintheory View Post
    15 years 1 playoff win and you talk about shame?
    yup, eli was very shameful this yr

WTF is going on here? Dude from across the pond asks for some simple info and 5 pages of utter unrelated s--t is the result. ProfCrue you started it. You need to apologize first then the rest of the jerk-offs can do so in turn.

Closed Thread