+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants Place Beckum On IR - Bing Signed To Practice Squad

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...e-beckum-on-ir

Excerpt: "Tight end Travis Beckum was placed on injured reserve on Wednesday with a knee injury.

Beckum injured his knee in practice last Friday, according to the Giants. The team signed defensive back Terrence Frederick off the practice squad to take Beckum's roster spot.

Cornerback Brandon Bing was signed to the practice squad." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    I don't even know what to say

All-Pro
    Happy for Bing. Maybe he will get a shot next year. They seemed to really like him going into camp but he couldn't shake an injury. That guy is super fast. Not that it means everything, but with the secondary is getting younger and faster. Adding him they could have a very fast secondary.

Is this officially the end of "The Beckum Experiment"? Until now, I never actually realized this, but Beckum was drafted prior to Gronk, Hernandez and Graham. Could the Giants drafting him and trying to make him a hybrid given creedence to this concept, and perpetuated the drafting of the afformentioned players? I realize T.Gonzalez is like the godfather of the basketball, athletic TE prototype, but have there been many attempts since him to fit this mold?

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

All-Pro
    well that's it, no way we beat the eagles now !

Waste of a roster spot all season imo. He's another I hope isn't here next year.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    well that's it, no way we beat the eagles now !
    lol.

And I can't wait until next year when Beckum makes his Giants debut.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    lol.

And I can't wait until next year when Beckum makes his Giants debut.
    Beckum, the real JPP of tight ends.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...e-beckum-on-ir

Excerpt: "Tight end Travis Beckum was placed on injured reserve on Wednesday with a knee injury.

Beckum injured his knee in practice last Friday, according to the Giants. The team signed defensive back Terrence Frederick off the practice squad to take Beckum's roster spot.

Cornerback Brandon Bing was signed to the practice squad." Read more...
    "injured his knee at practice last Friday"......yeah, well I see the Joe Gibbs methods are still being used...start stashing all the players you can now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    "injured his knee at practice last Friday"......yeah, well I see the Joe Gibbs methods are still being used...start stashing all the players you can now!
    Yes, because if we didn't stash Beckum, teams would be lined up to steal him away!

What would be the purpose of "stashing" a guy who is on the last year of his deal and will not be resigned?