+ Reply to Thread

If you could take...

One play out of the playbook. What would it be?

For me, hands down, the shotgun draw! ughhh

Quote Originally Posted by nygfan90 View Post
    One play out of the playbook. What would it be?

For me, hands down, the shotgun draw! ughhh
    Why? Just because they insist on running it on 3rd and forever doesn't make the play itself bad. Get rid of the guy calling it.

The Toss play. I hate it when we toss it back 6 yards the other way to the running back on a 3rd and freakin 1. Making the running back go 7 yards to get the first down on a 3rd and 1 is ridiculous and never worked.

The third and 1 deep bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

The bomb out of every 4th offensive call and get back to Giant Football:
    1. Get Field Position
    2. Get in FG range
    3. Get in the endzone

The Gmen have lost so many games by forgetting 1 & 2 going for the big play, plus it keeps the other team off the field.

It's really that simple!
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

I think we need to get back to smash mouth football. run the ball first and then pass. if you have a strong running game then it sets up the playaction pass. Wilson in my mind is a beast! they need to utilize him more next year. the worst thing to happen to any team is to become one dimensional.

I don't know about taking plays out but I'd definitely like to add a couple more. Something like a WR reverse or flea flicker every now and then. I know Coughlin is not a fan of the trick kinda plays but every now and then those plays would work in their advantage I feel.

The last time I saw a WR reverse was in preseason (Domenik Hixon) and it was poorly executed. Before that, I can't remember the last time they ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan554 View Post
    I think we need to get back to smash mouth football. run the ball first and then pass. if you have a strong running game then it sets up the playaction pass. Wilson in my mind is a beast! they need to utilize him more next year. the worst thing to happen to any team is to become one dimensional.
    Sorry, but the worst thing to any team is to become zero dimensional. When you can't pass or run, you can't find the endzone or make a first down. Kinda like the Giants the past two games.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.