+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,980

    Real reason why giants have fallen apart !

    I am excluding the coaches on this one, which I think they are a huge factor in why are season is pretty much over. Look at offensive/defensive #'s and how were loosing.

    Anyways the other reason why giants have fallen off is simple.

    Not physical enough on either side of the ball. Bottom line.

    Did you see Ravens push us around it was embarrassing, Even there offensive players were pushing our Defensive guys around. Did you see there 3rd string LB play like a beast out there ? I thought Rolle was going to be a beast ??? Opponents back up running backs run through our defense like its a joke.

    again bottom line we are simply a soft team. I dont know how a team becomes completely soft ? Did they give up, are coaches to lax ? are they tired of the coaches systems and dont buy in. Is it leaders like Tuck who are cry babies ?



    SOFT TEAM = NO PLAYOFFS

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,980
    Just to add, we won 4 super bowls by physical play and toughness. bottom line.

  3. #3
    Veteran ANON837's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Scotch Plains, NJ (native Brooklynite)
    Posts
    946
    They stink and they're inconsistent. End of story.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

  4. #4
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    350
    The OP could considered an actual fact. These players are some of the softest bunch in the league. Talented, but very soft.

    Toughest player we have is easily Kenny Phillips and our best run stopper among LB's and Secondary is probably Prince.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

  5. #5
    We are too banged up and old at key positions to be physical.

  6. #6
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    15,706
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    I am excluding the coaches on this one, which I think they are a huge factor in why are season is pretty much over. Look at offensive/defensive #'s and how were loosing.

    Anyways the other reason why giants have fallen off is simple.

    Not physical enough on either side of the ball. Bottom line.

    Did you see Ravens push us around it was embarrassing, Even there offensive players were pushing our Defensive guys around. Did you see there 3rd string LB play like a beast out there ? I thought Rolle was going to be a beast ??? Opponents back up running backs run through our defense like its a joke.

    again bottom line we are simply a soft team. I dont know how a team becomes completely soft ? Did they give up, are coaches to lax ? are they tired of the coaches systems and dont buy in. Is it leaders like Tuck who are cry babies ?



    SOFT TEAM = NO PLAYOFFS
    Good point.

    I made the same point in another thread about Eli vs the Ravens giving up 3rd down by sliding before the marker so he didn't get hit.

    The least our players could do is go down swinging.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

  7. #7
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    No HEART............No EFFORT......

    Changes need to be made after the season. Quite a few actually....and you can start with Boley. Watch the Raven game again ( if you can) and see the effort Boley gave.

  8. #8
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    15,706
    Quote Originally Posted by rico1 View Post
    Changes need to be made after the season. Quite a few actually....and you can start with Boley. Watch the Raven game again ( if you can) and see the effort Boley gave.
    Agreed. Boley had a terrible year.

    But Boley actually played very little in that game. Instead we saw Paysinger and Herzlich.

    Sorry to say but Herzlich has to go also. He cannot tackle.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    The OP could considered an actual fact. These players are some of the softest bunch in the league. Talented, but very soft.

    Toughest player we have is easily Kenny Phillips and our best run stopper among LB's and Secondary is probably Prince.
    Hahaha prince is one of the toughest guys on the team!?!?! What a joke

  10. #10
    Starter PBTimmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Penn
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Hahaha prince is one of the toughest guys on the team!?!?! What a joke
    I suppose reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours, eh?

    I said "our best run stopper among LB's and Secondary is probably Prince." And I actually believe he is. Teams didn't gash us on the edges nearly as much as they did straight up the middle. Prince get's at least half the credit for that. Topped with the fact that he sticks his head in tackles and rarely misses them, he's not a long-shot to be our most solid/tough player.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts