+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars > Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I hope youre not holding your breath! =P
    Who knows? I am quite interested in what they can do. I believe in them. I just want more Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    they were all great films.
    Blasphemy! have you read the books?

Peter Jackson basically destroyed them and put his own tarnished mark on them.

Although I did think the Fellowship was a pretty good movie and the most accurate. Thats not saying much though..

And Rudy, how could you not like StarWars? What is wrong with you woman!

I hope youre not holding your breath! =P

I don't think Disney is all that bad. After all, they did a pretty solid job with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I don't think Disney is all that bad. After all, they did a pretty solid job with the Avengers.
    People call it overrated, that's the only problem. They really screwed up John Carter, but all in all, that movie should have never been made in the first place. I believe they can really do a great job on Star Wars. The visuals in John Carter weren't bad at all... it just wasn't popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Blasphemy! have you read the books?

Peter Jackson basically destroyed them and put his own tarnished mark on them.

Although I did think the Fellowship was a pretty good movie and the most accurate. Thats not saying much though..

And Rudy, how could you not like StarWars? What is wrong with you woman!
    No, but I plan on reading them actually. I always like books over movies/shows, but it's not like they were that bad. The Lord of the Rings are pretty popular and they've all gotten pretty good reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    No, but I plan on reading them actually. I always like books over movies/shows, but it's not like they were that bad. The Lord of the Rings are pretty popular and they've all gotten pretty good reviews
    I'll agree with you 1/3 of the way. I thought the Fellowship was good. I didn't like the other ones that much at all, and felt they were a letdown from the buildup of the first one.

The biggest problem is that they ruined/changed much of the story and took a lot of liberties. I will say this though, I thought the casting was brilliant. The actors did a fantastic job. The cinematography was stunning and the costumes, set design, etc. were very well done. The music score was amazing! Howard Shore was genius in this film. I thought the music really captured the essence of Middle Earth.

Shame they couldn't get the rest right.

I'll agree with you 1/3 of the way. I thought the Fellowship was good. I didn't like the other ones that much at all, and felt they were a letdown from the buildup of the first one.

The biggest problem is that they ruined/changed much of the story and took a lot of liberties. I will say this though, I thought the casting was brilliant. The actors did a fantastic job. The cinematography was stunning and the costumes, set design, etc. were very well done. The music score was amazing! Howard Shore was genius in this film. I thought the music really captured the essence of Middle Earth.

Then again, my opinion can't count for much because I've seen them awhile ago. I need to revisit them.

The Hobbit was phenomenal though. Can't wait for the 2 following ones.

I'd say I'm willing to be lenient with straying a bit from the books since the acting was phenomenal, as was the cinematography.

but lets be honest, how often do you run into "epic movies" where they were identical to the books? Not often. I'd say Game of Thrones on HBO is the closest youre going to get.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I'd say I'm willing to be lenient with straying a bit from the books since the acting was phenomenal, as was the cinematography.

but lets be honest, how often do you run into "epic movies" where they were identical to the books? Not often. I'd say Game of Thrones on HBO is the closest youre going to get.

Eh..... Kinda agree and disagree at the same time. I really wish they could make at least 2 -3 more episodes.. wish they could collaborate and get it to work that way. Need more details for sure that are missing from the book.

True hollywood will do anything to make a buck. This is more to the hardcore fans who felt that some things in the film took away from the book.

Overall it was a good film I suppose. Not even close to Star Wars though. That was just great in every way. The newer three don't exist in my eyes.

+ Reply to Thread