+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars > Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Bite thy tongue! Vader had one of the best entrances in movie history...the dudes an iconic villain. Darth maul??? not so much.
    I have to agree here. Vadar is one of my favorite villains of all times. Darth Maul was cool, but definitely not iconic like Vadar was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Bite thy tongue! Vader had one of the best entrances in movie history...the dudes an iconic villain. Darth maul??? not so much.
    Vadar is obviously an iconic villain, but meh, he bores me. I'm obviously in the minority here on this.

IMO, the best lightsaber battle in the whole series is Maul vs. Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan. You talk about awesome entrances, I think Mauls' was better. The way he's just standing in the doorway with that hooded cloak, and then when he busts out the double light saber. That is epic ****.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Vadar will always be the iconic character of the series but there comes a time when you have to move on from your golden goose. In the grand scheme of the entire story outside of just the movies, he's really not that huge of a character. That honor would go to Palpatine.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    Vadar is overrated. He's a giant black robot.

Maul is an assassin/ninja and he just looks bad ***.
    Darth Maul would have been cooler had he been a character in the originals maybe. I just cant get over my own personal stigma of how much i dislike eps 1 & 2.

I played "Star Wars: The Old republic" for about a month or 2 when that game out, and I created a Zabrak assassin just like Maul as my character. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    That's right Rudy, that's right... you heard it here.
    no way and I'm a Star Wars geek, but no way. LOTR the first trilogy was waaaay better than any of the SW trilogies.

that said, Empire and Revenge of the Sith were the greatest SW flicks of all time !

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Who's the guy you automatically think of when somebody mentions Star Wars?

Darth freakin' Vader!

Sorry chaps, but he's the most legendary character when it comes to George Lucas's trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    Vadar is obviously an iconic villain, but meh, he bores me. I'm obviously in the minority here on this.

IMO, the best lightsaber battle in the whole series is Maul vs. Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan. You talk about awesome entrances, I think Mauls' was better. The way he's just standing in the doorway with that hooded cloak, and then when he busts out the double light saber. That is epic ****.

I loved that battle, it was epic. I just think of Darth Vadar when thinking about Star Wars. He was always iconic, and one of the best villains. I guess he's an older villain so he isn't that recognized anymore.. but that's not necessarily fair.

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    no way and I'm a Star Wars geek, but no way. LOTR the first trilogy was waaaay better than any of the SW trilogies.

that said, Empire and Revenge of the Sith were the greatest SW flicks of all time !
    I was really kidding. I actually think I told Rudy in a text that I thought LOTR was amazing. One of my favorite series.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I was really kidding. I actually think I told Rudy in a text that I thought LOTR was amazing. One of my favorite series.
    I kind of figured, I can tell you two rib each other a lot.

(Just had to add my 5 cents worth of geekiness)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    I kind of figured, I can tell you two rib each other a lot.(Just had to add my 5 cents worth of geekiness)
    Moke likes to push my buttons.

+ Reply to Thread