+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars > Lord of the Rings

Banned
    Hell yeah... LOTR put me to sleep. The Two Towers was alright but that last one was corny imo. Overrated movies.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Hell yeah... LOTR put me to sleep. The Two Towers was alright but that last one was corny imo. Overrated movies.
    Whaaa ?

I agree they were a bit long but the substance of the story, the characters etc were more enjoyable for me.

I liked Star Wars characters too but to be honest I HATED the hell out of those stupid Ewoks...talk about corny. Oh and I hated Ep. 1 with little orphan Annie, but the pod race was cool, and of course Maul was a bad ***.
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 01-01-2013 at 09:13 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Banned
    I'm more into the older Star Wars Episodes 3-6... the new ones was kind of lukewarm but I can still watch em over those dreadful LOTR movies. I know I might be in the minority because I have family members and friends who love those movies. Great CGI and epic moments at times but not enough for me to crown em over something I grew up on.

I hear ya'...so the NFCE is in a flux official like now.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Banned
    Yeah man... looks like it. It was all good just a few weeks ago. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    to be honest I HATED the hell out of those stupid Ewoks...talk about corny.
    Ewoks were the best part man! lol

but I agree, the newer SW's were just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I'm more into the older Star Wars Episodes 3-6... the new ones was kind of lukewarm but I can still watch em over those dreadful LOTR movies. I know I might be in the minority because I have family members and friends who love those movies. Great CGI and epic moments at times but not enough for me to crown em over something I grew up on.
    Oh my God.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Darth Maul would have been cooler had he been a character in the originals maybe. I just cant get over my own personal stigma of how much i dislike eps 1 & 2.

I played "Star Wars: The Old republic" for about a month or 2 when that game out, and I created a Zabrak assassin just like Maul as my character. lol
    They screwed the whole character over IMO. No backstory, no real dialogue, he just appears out of nowhere. There was no chance he could ever become iconic because they never gave the character a shot. I'm one of those people though that believe in less is more when it comes to horror movies and such, but this character could have been much better had they given him a chance.

I wish they had made Anakin fight Maul in Episode 3 instead of creating the Count Dooku character. Love Christopher Lee, but that was a lame *** Sith.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    They screwed the whole character over IMO. No backstory, no real dialogue, he just appears out of nowhere. There was no chance he could ever become iconic because they never gave the character a shot. I'm one of those people though that believe in less is more when it comes to horror movies and such, but this character could have been much better had they given him a chance.

I wish they had made Anakin fight Maul in Episode 3 instead of creating the Count Dooku character. Love Christopher Lee, but that was a lame *** Sith.
    Maul's entire story (the one outside EP 1 which is the worst SW movie ever) is actually quite interesting. Let's just say that he had more to offer to the plot after Naboo. People would love the other characters more if you got to see their entire story like you do with Vadar.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/s...star-wars.html

If you guys want more perspectives on the star wars vs. lord of the rings debate.

+ Reply to Thread