+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cruz/reed hit

cruz/reed hit

i had the thought right when it happened that victor faked how bad he actually got lit up.

it was a clean hit. very clean hit. ed reed obviously meant nothing malicious by it, as shown after the play.

cruz seemed to be fine then went stiff afterwards. he went back into the game a play later.

is it far fetched to think that wide receiver coaches are telling their guys to act as if they got messed up a lot more than it seemed in order to draw a flag? i wouldn't blame them.

anyone else have a thought on this?

Yeah I had no problem with it

They probably are not telling them to do that, it is pretty much something player's learn to do early in their careers(high school, etc.). Player's on all teams try to gain an advantage by complaining about pass interference, late hits, holding, etc. when there are no penalties. It is part of the gamesmanship. Sometimes they are successful and most of the time they are not.

I thought it was a clean hit.

After the hit he took in the Eagles game it seemed to me that VC heard footsteps all season. I hope I'm wrong but it seemed that way. He seemed to have lost his fierce, fearlessness.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I don't think VC was faking anything at all. If your brain got jarred that viciously, you'd get up slowly too.

a good hard clean hit. he was prob stung a bit....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    After the hit he took in the Eagles game it seemed to me that VC heard footsteps all season. I hope I'm wrong but it seemed that way. He seemed to have lost his fierce, fearlessness.
    For some reason I dont remember that one - for me its the Pitt game, but i completely agree with you.

Call me crazy but I think he short armed another one in the Ravens game, opening drive after the Nicks incompletion. I only saw the play live and no replay so I could be completely wrong. As a fan of the team it sucks, as a fan of the player the guy has to be somewhat careful playing without a deal and I get it.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Remember last year when one of the Giants was standing around and just dropped to the ground and faked an injury. All part of the game.