+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JPP at MLB

JPP at MLB

WAIT, WAIT, hear me the hell out... I am not proposing this....

I was talking to a fellow Giants fan and he says

Giants suck and Fewell already claims he has no idea what the heck is wrong with the defense. So why not try out JPP at MLB where we are clearly lacking a great player, and see how he can play. JPP is athletic, and very talented, so maybe he can come up strong as a MLB and stopping the A-gap. Leave the DE position to the Osi and Tuck and see how they can muster.
    Thoughts? Wouldn't be such a TERRIBLE idea being that JPP really is an athletic individual, but I'm mostly worried about the Osi and Tuck at the DE spots.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

In that case, lets get David Carr on the field and put Eli as the 2nd TE. He is big enough and maybe that will help our running game to have an extra blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    In that case, lets get David Carr on the field and put Eli as the 2nd TE. He is big enough and maybe that will help our running game to have an extra blocker.
    Eh, at least you attempted at a solid joke.

Instead of thinking about moving our best defensive player to another position. Why don't we draft a Mike linebacker early in the draft? Don't like moving players out of position to fix a weakness at a position.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Instead of thinking about moving our best defensive player to another position. Why don't we draft a Mike linebacker early in the draft? Don't like moving players out of position to fix a weakness at a position.
    This isn't necessarily about next year though lol, this is about the last game of the season. I wouldn't do that for next year. Right now, our biggest weakness is stopping the run, since we don't really have a great rush-defensive MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    This isn't necessarily about next year though lol, this is about the last game of the season. I wouldn't do that for next year. Right now, our biggest weakness is stopping the run, since we don't really have a great rush-defensive MLB.
    Imagine JPP covering McCoy out of the backfield? The Mike linebacker position isn't an easy position to play (even for one game)

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Imagine JPP covering McCoy out of the backfield? The Mike linebacker position isn't an easy position to play (even for one game)

Never said it was, but you answered the question which I like. Just wanted to see what people's opinions on this were. Not sure how JPP can do any worse than Blackburn in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Never said it was, but you answered the question which I like. Just wanted to see what people's opinions on this were. Not sure how JPP can do any worse than Blackburn in the backfield.
    he can do worse because he wont know his assignments.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I hope we see a healthy dose of Tracy at DE Sunday and see what he can do going forward. Him and Ojomo.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he can do worse because he wont know his assignments.
    Just a suggestion if he knew the assignments or learned them at practice during the week. Like I said, I was curious to see what you guys had to offer on the matter!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I hope we see a healthy dose of Tracy at DE Sunday and see what he can do going forward. Him and Ojomo.
    I would love to see Ojomo as well. I wonder if he his sort of ready for some action? Get some young blood in there

+ Reply to Thread