+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning: Last Year, Last SuperBowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I hope he gets two more... maybe then people will take him seriously as an NFL-quality QB?
    Eli doesn't have any problems winning Super Bowls.

His issue is playing at a high level throughout the regular season.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

It will go hand in hand as far as the Giants winning any more SBs with Eli as the QB. Its not on Eli alone.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think that he just had a bad year, like the rest of this team. Can you point to any one player that had a good year? Prince, but seems like he's injured alot. And Cruz, but I still expected more from him. That's the quietest 1,000+ yards I think that a Giant has ever had.

I think that Eli's got at least 5 more good years in him, but this is the 2nd half of his career. Can't be blowing opportunities like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Was last year, Eli's last Super Bowl?

We all want Eli to win us another one, but how many years does he really have left? Not sure we can really get to the Super Bowl anymore.

Don't get me wrong, we have a talented squad, but this is a good question that we could consider since last year we were all asking ourselves how many more Super Bowls Eli has in him.

What do you guys think?

Since he hasn't won any by himself, I think it's a better question to ask of the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Eli doesn't have any problems winning Super Bowls.

His issue is playing at a high level throughout the regular season.
    This. Eli will probably get more respect winning no more SBs but putting up consistently great seasons for the rest of his career, than doing what he's been doing and winning 2 more SBs.

Fair or not, I'm pretty sure that will be the case. When it comes to respect, inconsistency is getting you nowhere. And this applies to everything. Not just football.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I think that he just had a bad year, like the rest of this team. Can you point to any one player that had a good year? Prince, but seems like he's injured alot. And Cruz, but I still expected more from him. That's the quietest 1,000+ yards I think that a Giant has ever had.
    Cruz has 1,000+ yards but he's almost 500 yards off pace from last season. Nicks is behind 500 yards as well.

I said it before and I'll say it again: this season, the receivers weren't getting additional yards after their receptions.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

We all want Eli to win us another one, but how many years does he really have left? Not sure we can really get to the Super Bowl anymore.

Don't get me wrong, we have a talented squad, but this is a good question that we could consider since last year we were all asking ourselves how many more Super Bowls Eli has in him.

What do you guys think?
    If your not gonna do any thinking, then where do you get off asking me to?
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    Cruz has 1,000+ yards but he's almost 500 yards off pace from last season. Nicks is behind 500 yards as well.

I said it before and I'll say it again: this season, the receivers weren't getting additional yards after their receptions.
    It's not all Eli's fault but he's a part of the reason. It's difficult to get yards after the catch when they aren't being hit in stride. 2011 Eli hits them in stride. Hell, that's how Kurt Warner put up those huge numbers. He had plenty of time and just put it in stride to Boldin and Fitz.

Banned
    Of course losing Nicks hurt us, he is our #1 WR. People saying we should cut him loose this year need to lay off magic markers.

What do you guys think?
    Is it the last year and SB for Brees and Roethlisberger too?
    Get used to this being a recurring theme with me, because those two QB's are considered elite, where most people don't see Eli and they had the same lack of success to miss the playoffs too!
    I'm just curious why these ridiculous questions are only asked about Eli and not other QB's who had down years too whom he's constantly judged inferior?
    Last edited by bigblue58; 12-28-2012 at 02:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread