+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning: Last Year, Last SuperBowl?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Is it the last year and SB for Brees and Roethlisberger too?
    Get used to this being a recurring theme with me, because those two QB's are considered elite, where most people don't see Eli and they had the same lack of success to miss the playoffs too!
    I'm just curious why these ridiculous questions are only asked about Eli and not other QB's who had down years too and who he's constantly judged to not be as good as.
    Because their down years are not nearly as bad as Eli's and have more good years than Eli does. Quite simply, they're more consistent.

Get used to this being a recurring theme with me, because those two QB's are considered elite, where most people don't see Eli and they had the same lack of success to miss the playoffs too!
    I'm just curious why these ridiculous questions are only asked about Eli and not other QB's who had down years too whom he's constantly judged inferior?
    It's not really a ridiculous question. It's a serious question.

I'm actually bringing up a good debate to have... I rather these types of questions than having to either sulk or acknowledge the team in 50 threads.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Was last year, Eli's last Super Bowl?

We all want Eli to win us another one, but how many years does he really have left? Not sure we can really get to the Super Bowl anymore.

Don't get me wrong, we have a talented squad, but this is a good question that we could consider since last year we were all asking ourselves how many more Super Bowls Eli has in him.

What do you guys think?
    I think you are right and there are none left in him....time for the Giants to bring someone in and hopefully take over in a couple of years. This year made it more than clear that Eli is on a major decline.

Banned
    I'm just curious why these ridiculous questions are only asked about Eli and not other QB's who had down years too whom he's constantly judged inferior?
    No Brees and Roethlisberger played MUCH better than Eli did. Some NFL players are done at age 29, some 34....everybody is different and while Rivers and Eli look like they are in decline, others their age or older look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    It's not all Eli's fault but he's a part of the reason. It's difficult to get yards after the catch when they aren't being hit in stride. 2011 Eli hits them in stride. Hell, that's how Kurt Warner put up those huge numbers. He had plenty of time and just put it in stride to Boldin and Fitz.
    Hard to hit someone in stride when one is playing injured and the other isn't making the catches he's supposed to. Add in them not being able to create any space between themselves and the defender, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

If anything, I'm actually more ticked off at Coughlin for allowing Nicks to play even when it was evident he lost a step and not allowing either Hixon or Barden more playing time.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    No Brees and Roethlisberger played MUCH better than Eli did. Some NFL players are done at age 29, some 34....everybody is different and while Rivers and Eli look like they are in decline, others their age or older look fine.
    Roethlisberger screwed the pooch for the Steelers his last two games. Threw an interception in OT which allowed the Cowboys to kick a FG and he threw an interception against the Bengals which allowed them to kick a FG, killing the Steelers hopes for a playoff spot.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    Hard to hit someone in stride when one is playing injured and the other isn't making the catches he's supposed to. Add in them not being able to create any space between themselves and the defender, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

If anything, I'm actually more ticked off at Coughlin for allowing Nicks to play even when it was evident he lost a step and not allowing either Hixon or Barden more playing time.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    You obviously watched zero Steelers and Saints games this season to make a statement so blatantly uninformed!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I think Eli and the rest of the team has a good enough base of talent to get back and win. The trouble I see, is that we have some big holes to fill on the O-line and at LB. I also think that the league has just figured out Gilbrides offense and Eli's tendencies. There has to be a change in the offense. If it is a big change, it may mean a slow start next year. I would take a slow start and a strong finish anytime though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Was last year, Eli's last Super Bowl?

We all want Eli to win us another one, but how many years does he really have left? Not sure we can really get to the Super Bowl anymore.

Don't get me wrong, we have a talented squad, but this is a good question that we could consider since last year we were all asking ourselves how many more Super Bowls Eli has in him.

What do you guys think?
    I think be grateful we have him....before Eli won his first Superbowl people were wondering if he was capable of winning one,,then when he did people wondered if he could do it again,,,Eli goes as the team goes,,he plays one position on the field,,,not all 11.

+ Reply to Thread