+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I think be grateful we have him....before Eli won his first Superbowl people were wondering if he was capable of winning one,,then when he did people wondered if he could do it again,,,Eli goes as the team goes,,he plays one position on the field,,,not all 11.
    I realize this obviously, but the question was simple, will he win another one? Will he have a team and coaching around him to go all the way again?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Not if he is posting 21TDs - 15INT seasons and throwing under 4K yards. I dont care if Nicks was injured most the year, that is pathetic in the now a days NFL.
    The TD/INT ratio is bad but his yardage is not.Eli had an off year but then again so did almost everyone else on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I realize this obviously, but the question was simple, will he win another one? Will he have a team and coaching around him to go all the way again?
    I answered your question indirectly,,,if he won 1,,then won 2,,,it is reasonable to say he will win 3,,as long as the peices are around him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G-MENBK View Post
    Roethlisberger screwed the pooch for the Steelers his last two games. Threw an interception in OT which allowed the Cowboys to kick a FG and he threw an interception against the Bengals which allowed them to kick a FG, killing the Steelers hopes for a playoff spot.
    Big Ben may have had two bad games after his injury....Manning went bad after week 8, and got worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Big Ben may have had two bad games after his injury....Manning went bad after week 8, and got worse and worse.
    but the turnstyle OL,,a hurt nicks, and no running game had nothing to do with it? not to mention predictable play calling and a D that couldn't stop a nose bleed. leave Eli alone already,,the guy had a bad year combined with the teams problems,,,for all he has done,,,he gets a pass this season,,like it or not.

for all the great games Eli has had I think he will be remembered as having a problem with consistency

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    but the turnstyle OL,,a hurt nicks, and no running game had nothing to do with it? not to mention predictable play calling and a D that couldn't stop a nose bleed. leave Eli alone already,,the guy had a bad year combined with the teams problems,,,for all he has done,,,he gets a pass this season,,like it or not.
    I am a huge Eli Manning fan, he is my all time favorite NY Giant. There were problems all the way around on the team this season and you know what? The brunt of the blame should be put on Eli Manning because he is our QB and leader. He needed to put out some of those fires and get the guys focused. We give him the most credit, rightfully so, so far, when we win SuperBowls so we need to call it like it is in this instance too. Insofar as giving him a pass, he has brought us 2 SuperBowls, he has earned his status as a NYC icon and Legendary NY Giant. However, we can still point it out when he plays poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligans View Post
    Forget the Packers and Redskins game?
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Maybe one more deep playoff run left in the Eli era. The problem is that a lot of this team's core players are also veterans and it will take a few years just to adjust. Maybe we get lucky and pull that off next year but I feel the current situation with our cap will end up hindering our path back to the top.

As for Eli himself, I think he ends up finishing his career elsewhere ala Peyton and tries to take a solid team on a deep playoff run for 1-2 years before retiring. The Giants will get Eli's replacement the Packers way and he will sit on the bench for a few years before taking the reigns. This is all just a gut feeling and Eli's competitive spirit won't let him allow the Giants to tell him when he's over.

Bench Player

Cool A long term, systematic approach to winning in the future.

You can't go through more than 2 progression with the time, Eli has had to throw. Eli has not forgotten how to play qb, his team around him has regressed, due to age and injury, I suspect, Nicks should have been put on the Ir, to allow the giants to get another receiver to help. Nicks has been only a shadow of himself. He appears to be injury prone, as is Bradshaw. If you want Nicks back at 100%, get another receiver, Mike Wallace, perhaps, and I promise Nick's game will improve. The Giants missed Manningham more than I suspected. Cruz drew double teams for the last half of the season, due to there not being another receiving threat, that opponents respected. Hixon is so inconsisent, as was the rest of the receiving corp. Double team Cruz, stop the run, and you have the Giants beat. Eli pointed out he had no chemistry with the receivers because he had a different bunch from practice, as compared to games. That will not work on timing routes and reads, the giants passing offense, so Eli has been up the proverbial creek. Gilbride will not utilize his rb in the passing game, only for blocking. Look at the other offenses around the league, the Saints live off throwing to their backs. Eli is perfectly suited for the west coast offense, thus his success, in the two minute offense. There are offensive changes that will help this team succeed, but a philosphical change, by the coaching staff, or Coghlan, that must take place, first. The Giants want to run the ball, as do all teams, but when you can't, aka, the New England Patriots, you have to adjust your offense to your strengths.

Defensively, the Giants appear old and slow, Slowest lb corp in the NFL. Defensive line that once, was a strength, is now average at best. There may injuries we don't know about. A very weak secondary, that relies on the pass rush to be successful, is inept. There is promising new blood in the db ranks, but they have had a problem seeing the field, for whatever reasons.

Folks, Eli has not forgotten how to play or what it takes to get to a championship. But he cannot do it alone.. The strength of this team is its qb, and kicking game. The offensive line has all but disappeared, thus the problems in running game and pass blocking. Defensive line can't get pressure or stop the run, so the back side of the defense is exposed. Ask any good fb coach or gm and they will tell you, you build a football team from the line of scrimmage out, but you must have an outstanding qb. The Giants have Eli now, they must begin to rebuild around him. It will take a couple of years but it can be done, before Eli leaves.

The front office has the ball now