Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Fewell's contract ends after the season

According to some reports online this is actually the last year of his contract. So they do not have to fire him, just let him go if they choose. It makes things less complicated.

You are not the real giggles, stop impersonating a legend

Veteran
    Not if Tom has something to say about it.

TC wants him back so he will be back.

Is it? See you Fewell

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    TC wants him back so he will be back.
    I agree but I think he has a better chance of being let go the Gilbride. As long as Eli is QB, Gilbride will be here.

Why do we think TC wants PF back? TC didn't have a problem letting Tim Lewis go.

Conversely, the Giants don't have the same "lame duck" mentality with coordinators that they do with head coaches (i.e. they aren't afraid to wait until the end of a season to extend a coordinator for the next season(s)).

Hallelujah! Any D coordinators out there? Any that we know are gonna be free agents?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Why do we think TC wants PF back? TC didn't have a problem letting Tim Lewis go.

Conversely, the Giants don't have the same "lame duck" mentality with coordinators that they do with head coaches (i.e. they aren't afraid to wait until the end of a season to extend a coordinator for the next season(s)).
    Unless ownership steps in, the Giants are expected to go into 2013 with the same coaching staff. Coughlin is expected to endorse keeping both Gilbride and Fewell for 2013 - From Ralph Vacchiano

Lovie Smith is most likely fired if the Bears don't make the playoffs this season. He could be someone to look at. He was part of the braintrust that created the Tampa 2. Bears always had a solid D under him as well.