+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Just saying....Something's going on

Defending SB champs....destroying NFL's elites....losing horrendously to others...you just don't plummet like that in less than a year....

Trying to shake it off, trying to pick my battles...but just saying....SOMETHING'S GOING ON!

What are you insinuating, Laurah?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurah1275 View Post
    Defending SB champs....destroying NFL's elites....losing horrendously to others...you just don't plummet like that in less than a year....

Trying to shake it off, trying to pick my battles...but just saying....SOMETHING'S GOING ON!
    I agree. The team is playing poorly, that's what is going on.

It ain't like this team was a dominating dynasty.

The team is too old and banged up at key positions. This time last year we were getting healthy.

I can think of 3 things that could result in this type of crazy performance:

1. Injuries large and small which take us out of rhythm at key moments
    2. A few bad seeds in the locker room that aren't swatted down by the veterans. In the case of our team this might be a younger player who gets spanked on the field and doesn't have championship fight in their heart, so they roll over.
    3. Coaches who fail to make adjustments to what other teams are doing to exploit our weaknesses.

After that, I am at a loss Laurah1275
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I can think of 3 things that could result in this type of crazy performance:

1. Injuries large and small which take us out of rhythm at key moments
    2. A few bad seeds in the locker room that aren't swatted down by the veterans. In the case of our team this might be a younger player who gets spanked on the field and doesn't have championship fight in their heart, so they roll over.
    3. Coaches who fail to make adjustments to what other teams are doing to exploit our weaknesses.

After that, I am at a loss Laurah1275
    Don't forget one key thing the Giants failed to do this offseason, they let Manningham signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with San Francisco. Im sorry for the haters but Manningham, love him or hate him, made a huge difference for Eli. He was the perfect steve smith replacement.

Banned

Yeah, it's called a major choke-job.

Laurah, you keep going in the chat rooms... that's what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    Don't forget one key thing the Giants failed to do this offseason, they let Manningham signed a two-year, $7.5 million deal with San Francisco. Im sorry for the haters but Manningham, love him or hate him, made a huge difference for Eli. He was the perfect steve smith replacement.
    I don't think that they could have kept him for even that much. I liked MM alot, but I think their problem was using Hixon as their # 3 this year instead of Barden or RR. Or even JJ. Hixon is a #4 at best. As a # 3 MM could have some really significant games while Nicks and Cruz were double-covered or injured. Hixon doesn't have that ability.

Veteran

I agree....SOMETHING'S GOING ON!

I think aliens have replaced Eli, Tuck, JPP, Osi , Nicks and our entire secondary with their own kind, who natrually suck at football, as their planet has no concept of balls (round or oblong).

Kind of like an X-files thing. You may be skeptical, but it's as good a theory as any I have seen on these boards or in the media. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.