+ Reply to Thread

Throwaway line............

I casually coined a phase last week in a thread that I've been thinking about since then.

I said that being a year older in the NFL is like a "dog year."

I meant that, you don't go from like 29 to 30. It is more like 29 to 35. You can fall off the table fast in this league.

Does anyone agree/disagree with that?
    No one remembers who came in second.

I think most RBs age like that, minus the freaks of nature. Lineman probably jump about 3 years whereas everyone else seems to age normally.

Many people that about Web, but I think that he may have been playing injured this entire year, but we're so depleted in the secondary that he had to go out there if he was able to just walk.

I agree to a point, but I think it depends upon the player. Some guys never seem to age or age gracefully, while others just disappear. Some guys make up for lack of athleticism by improving technique or playing smarter. I think with our guys it is a combination of declining skills(certain spots) and opponents figuring out that the quick pass kills our defense. I also think a lack of fire/desire contributes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I agree to a point, but I think it depends upon the player. Some guys never seem to age or age gracefully, while others just disappear. Some guys make up for lack of athleticism by improving technique or playing smarter. I think with our guys it is a combination of declining skills(certain spots) and opponents figuring out that the quick pass kills our defense. I also think a lack of fire/desire contributes as well.
    I agree, especially the lack of fire.

Here's a little thought experiment: If you were somehow able to deflate the determination and fire in Lawrence Taylor, would he still be the greatest Giant of all time then?

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.