First of all, I think we can all forget about the Giants dumping ANYONE with time left on their contract (Webster, Tuck).
Secondly, the whole taking of a pay-cut is very VERY rare. If a guy is reasonably effective (which Canty and Rolle are), they'll never take a pay cut.
Also, Phillips is good-as-gone. He's a risk that's too expensive for us to take with our cap situation. Some other team can roll those dice.
Bennett I don't see coming back. It's another year, another TE for the GMen. Adrian Robinson and newbs will take over.
Andre Brown is chop-meat. He's looked good at times, but can't be relied on to carry any workload for a season.
We may draft a Guard, but Snee and Baas are both locked-up, so don't expect any improvements there (and yes, even the Almighty #76 has now had 2 bad seasons in a row).
Sorry to be such a downer. . .Hopefully the team can improve. . .In Reese I Trust.
You gave PF a free pass? Blackburn still in the middle? Pretty much the same OL?
No thanks, I'll pass on this list. Nice try though
No one remembers who came in second.
First and foremost get a OC and DC.. Simply for changes sake.. I'd reach out to Pepper Johnson or Mike Singeltary about being our new DC.. For OC, i'd get creatvie..
Rebuild the OL through FA. On Sirius this morning they where talking about how you can build a good OL through FA and wouldn't break the bank doing so. If they can stay healthy they should be set at WR. Bennett says he wants to stay. We shall see. The running game should get better with a new OL and Wilson will have some experience and hopefully know how to block. On defense they have a nice group of young players in the secondary. They could still use another CB though. They absolutely need DE's and another DT would help. They are not in that bad of shape. If they fix the OL they should be able to get a couple more wins right there.
We won't get it all done this offseason. We will have to choose what we want our weaknesses to be rather than try to address all of them. Depending on who you talk to the solutions differ for the same problem, so I'll list the problem I want addressed in order of importance followed by my recommended solution:
1. Bolster run defense- Run Stuffing DTs ***plural b/c I think both spots are up for grabs, Athletic and stout MLB,
2. Run blocking- draft an Olineman within the first 2 rounds or free agency stud.
3. Strengthen Pass rush- Put Kiwi on the line every down, but only if dedicates himself to weights in the offseason. Kiwi with added strength would be great versus the run on the line. He has great instincts. Need a DT to play besides JPP; something akin to the Justin Smith Aldon Smith tandem or Jared Allen, Kevin Williams tandem in Minnesota. I want to see what Tracy can do too at DE.
4. Running backs- More David Wilson, He is the future and the future is NOW.
5. WRs/TE- I want to see Nicks in an offseason strengthening program and see him add 5lbs of muscle to handle the wear and tear of the season. WHen Nicks and Cruz are healthy we are a drastically different team on offense. Barden and Randle can compete for the 3rd spot. I like Randle to take it. I'd like to resign Bennett.
6. OC- I want Gilbride to tweak his system to add more intermediate and short option routes. I think we are too hit and miss with the deep ball. I think that will bring some consistency too our offense. No I don't want a new coordinator, just tweak the system we have.
7. DC- Bye Bye Perry. Frustrated with our performance and I think it has more to do with our players, but with performance this bad I can't see how he gets a vote of confidence.
The rank is the most important thing to keep in mind when you read my list. RUN DEFENSE #1 PROBLEM!!!! It will be very painful to have to watch another season of any old team running straight up the gut as if we were boys and not men. That was really hard to watch.
No, it's the other way around. PF is salvageable, Killdrive needs to be run out of town ASAP.