+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: PLAY GM 2013- WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Trade the whole team for the Patriots team
    I was going to suggest Don Bosco.

  2. #22
    Veteran RagTime Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Carlstadt, NJ
    Posts
    4,009
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch842 View Post
    I was going to suggest Don Bosco.
    They didn't even make the State finals.

    First of all, I think we can all forget about the Giants dumping ANYONE with time left on their contract (Webster, Tuck).

    Secondly, the whole taking of a pay-cut is very VERY rare. If a guy is reasonably effective (which Canty and Rolle are), they'll never take a pay cut.

    Also, Phillips is good-as-gone. He's a risk that's too expensive for us to take with our cap situation. Some other team can roll those dice.

    Bennett I don't see coming back. It's another year, another TE for the GMen. Adrian Robinson and newbs will take over.

    Andre Brown is chop-meat. He's looked good at times, but can't be relied on to carry any workload for a season.

    We may draft a Guard, but Snee and Baas are both locked-up, so don't expect any improvements there (and yes, even the Almighty #76 has now had 2 bad seasons in a row).

    Sorry to be such a downer. . .Hopefully the team can improve. . .In Reese I Trust.

  3. #23
    You gave PF a free pass? Blackburn still in the middle? Pretty much the same OL?
    No thanks, I'll pass on this list. Nice try though

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    They didn't even make the State finals.

    First of all, I think we can all forget about the Giants dumping ANYONE with time left on their contract (Webster, Tuck).

    Secondly, the whole taking of a pay-cut is very VERY rare. If a guy is reasonably effective (which Canty and Rolle are), they'll never take a pay cut.

    Also, Phillips is good-as-gone. He's a risk that's too expensive for us to take with our cap situation. Some other team can roll those dice.

    Bennett I don't see coming back. It's another year, another TE for the GMen. Adrian Robinson and newbs will take over.

    Andre Brown is chop-meat. He's looked good at times, but can't be relied on to carry any workload for a season.

    We may draft a Guard, but Snee and Baas are both locked-up, so don't expect any improvements there (and yes, even the Almighty #76 has now had 2 bad seasons in a row).

    Sorry to be such a downer. . .Hopefully the team can improve. . .In Reese I Trust.
    I guess next year will be a repeat of this year, bummer.

  5. #25
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,897
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic22 View Post
    Offense

    - Dwilson + A. Brown at RB.
    - Nicks healthy with an improved R.Randle as the 3rd WR. Prob bring M. Bennett back if its a decent contract
    - A new OT via draft or FA to replace Diehl. Somehow our line was dominant when he was gone and horrible when he came back. Hard to say its all on one guy but it sure looks like that

    Defense

    - I feel like maybe Kiwi>Tuck at DE so Id like to see him there and maybe have Tuck as that 3rd pass rusher
    - Webster and Canty's overpaid contracts cut
    - And via draft/FA I''d like to see a big run stuffing DT, stud rookie LB that can play the run and a CB. I feel like Prince and Hosely will both continue to get better and will prob be our cbs of the future. And between Rolle, S.Brown and Phillips (who could leave in FA i think) our safeties are fine
    I think you are not cutting deep enough. We need to go beyond Diehl in overhauling the OL. We need to upgrade at LG and maybe C. That would improve our depth since we'd have big butt Boothe as a backup at G and C. We also need to go hard at the DL. tuck is tying up too much $$ for what he gives us. He probably needs to go, We also need 2 real LB if we are ever going to stop the run.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  6. #26
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,415
    First and foremost get a OC and DC.. Simply for changes sake.. I'd reach out to Pepper Johnson or Mike Singeltary about being our new DC.. For OC, i'd get creatvie..

  7. #27
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,843
    Rebuild the OL through FA. On Sirius this morning they where talking about how you can build a good OL through FA and wouldn't break the bank doing so. If they can stay healthy they should be set at WR. Bennett says he wants to stay. We shall see. The running game should get better with a new OL and Wilson will have some experience and hopefully know how to block. On defense they have a nice group of young players in the secondary. They could still use another CB though. They absolutely need DE's and another DT would help. They are not in that bad of shape. If they fix the OL they should be able to get a couple more wins right there.

  8. #28
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,904
    We won't get it all done this offseason. We will have to choose what we want our weaknesses to be rather than try to address all of them. Depending on who you talk to the solutions differ for the same problem, so I'll list the problem I want addressed in order of importance followed by my recommended solution:

    1. Bolster run defense- Run Stuffing DTs ***plural b/c I think both spots are up for grabs, Athletic and stout MLB,
    2. Run blocking- draft an Olineman within the first 2 rounds or free agency stud.
    3. Strengthen Pass rush- Put Kiwi on the line every down, but only if dedicates himself to weights in the offseason. Kiwi with added strength would be great versus the run on the line. He has great instincts. Need a DT to play besides JPP; something akin to the Justin Smith Aldon Smith tandem or Jared Allen, Kevin Williams tandem in Minnesota. I want to see what Tracy can do too at DE.
    4. Running backs- More David Wilson, He is the future and the future is NOW.
    5. WRs/TE- I want to see Nicks in an offseason strengthening program and see him add 5lbs of muscle to handle the wear and tear of the season. WHen Nicks and Cruz are healthy we are a drastically different team on offense. Barden and Randle can compete for the 3rd spot. I like Randle to take it. I'd like to resign Bennett.
    6. OC- I want Gilbride to tweak his system to add more intermediate and short option routes. I think we are too hit and miss with the deep ball. I think that will bring some consistency too our offense. No I don't want a new coordinator, just tweak the system we have.
    7. DC- Bye Bye Perry. Frustrated with our performance and I think it has more to do with our players, but with performance this bad I can't see how he gets a vote of confidence.

    The rank is the most important thing to keep in mind when you read my list. RUN DEFENSE #1 PROBLEM!!!! It will be very painful to have to watch another season of any old team running straight up the gut as if we were boys and not men. That was really hard to watch.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I think you are not cutting deep enough. We need to go beyond Diehl in overhauling the OL. We need to upgrade at LG and maybe C. That would improve our depth since we'd have big butt Boothe as a backup at G and C. We also need to go hard at the DL. tuck is tying up too much $$ for what he gives us. He probably needs to go, We also need 2 real LB if we are ever going to stop the run.
    So you basically want a complete overhaul yet I remember you mocking my thread, hmm.......

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    6. OC- I want Gilbride to tweak his system to add more intermediate and short option routes. I think we are too hit and miss with the deep ball. I think that will bring some consistency too our offense. No I don't want a new coordinator, just tweak the system we have.
    7. DC- Bye Bye Perry. Frustrated with our performance and I think it has more to do with our players, but with performance this bad I can't see how he gets a vote of confidence.
    You want PF gone when he had to deal with Tuck and Osi only collecting paychecks and little else on the field, but you want to give that ****ing scrub KILLDRIVE a free pass?

    WRONG

    No, it's the other way around. PF is salvageable, Killdrive needs to be run out of town ASAP.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts