+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace.

Mike Wallace.

Do we have any shot at signing him? I'm going to say no knowing our cap issues. What do you think?

MUCH better.

Doubtful. Not really a fan of his to begin with, he has terrible hands. I'd much rather trade a mid round pick for Jeremy Maclin. Overall though, not sold that we even need a WR.

Why would we spend huge salary cap dollars on an inconsistent prima donna WR when that is a strong position on this team (when Nicks is healthy) and RT, DE, and LB are weak and need a serious upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Do we have any shot at signing him? I'm going to say no knowing our cap issues. What do you think?
    Im not a FA wiz, but would Greg Jennings or Bowe come at any kind of discount?
    Jennings been out this year & Packers havent skipped a beat without him, idk if theyll go out of their way to bring him back....
    Bowe, could be a legit WR on a real team & dont see anyone willing to risk big $$$ to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    why bring it up if you already shot the idea down?

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Why would we spend huge salary cap dollars on an inconsistent WR when that is a strong position on this team (when Nicks is healthy) and RT, DE, and LB are weak and need a serious upgrade?
    Because when Wallace is on his game he can flip a game right on its heals in one play.

Provided Eli's noodle arm can get him the ball, of course.
    Last edited by gmen0820; 12-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Im not a FA wiz, but would Greg Jennings or Bowe come at any kind of discount?
    Jennings been out this year & Packers havent skipped a beat without him, idk if theyll go out of their way to bring him back....
    Bowe, could be a legit WR on a real team & dont see anyone willing to risk big $$$ to find out...
    Nah, those two will still be priced highly. Bowe, especially.

I don't think we are, nor should we, be in the market for a WR. Nicks will be healthy next year (besides the 2-3 games he is sure to miss), and Randle is promising. Cruz is a stud, and Jernigan continues to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Doubtful. Not really a fan of his to begin with, he has terrible hands. I'd much rather trade a mid round pick for Jeremy Maclin. Overall though, not sold that we even need a WR.
    You really think the Eagles would send their best WR to us? Not to mention for a kid round pick? I say there's a better chance of the Browns making the playoffs this year.... Which is 0%

Banned
    I would love to have him on this team but there are other issues to address that are a more compelling need.