+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

best phrase I've heard in a long time

I was listening to Hill and Shclereth this morning on ESPN Radio. . they were talking about some team that had committed a lot of penalties. so they gave a quote from Herman Edwards which said you're either coaching it or allowing it. and that got me to thinking about Tom Coughlin. do you guys think that the problems this Teams had is because he's not coaching it? I would not think so. Tom is a serious disciplinarian. so that being said if he is really coaching , that just means everybody's tuning him out. or he genuinely has no clue what's going on. so what do you all think? let's discuss it

I think Coughlin is on an Island. Alone. In spite of the magical seasons he has coached in the PAST.

Very well said. I feel he has given too much freedom to his coordinators. As one who's had years of management experience I can tell you that the Better trained your staff, the less you have to do. I think Toms problem is he thinks his guys maybe trained well, but he doesnt realize their shortfalls. He may not be trying to micromanage the team, when that's exactly what he should do. Remember Fassel taking play calling from Sean Payton? Drastic times call for drastic measures and ladies and gentlemen, drastic times have already sailed....it's too late now.

When your HC tells you he does not know whats happening. Think he's lost it? Please. He's already cashed it in like many of the winners on this team. No drive, no passion, no accountability; all equals: losses. Unfortunately, losing to Philly wouldn't help or I'd cheer for Reid. If the HC has no answer, get someone who does!

Herm Edward's teams that he coached always had a knack for choking. Did he coach choking, or did he just allow it to happen?

Veteran
    Tom lives in another world.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    Herm Edward's teams that he coached always had a knack for choking. Did he coach choking, or did he just allow it to happen?
    This isnt about him. I simply thought those were very profound words.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Tom lives in another world.
    Here's his NFL coaching record. Coached for 8 years, won one playoff game and had 3 winning seasons. I'd rather live in Tom's world
    Herman Edwards

Overall: 44 - 68
    Playoffs: 1 - 3
    Year Team Season Playoffs
    2001 NYJ 10 - 6 - 0 0 - 1
    2002 NYJ 9 - 7 - 0 1 - 1
    2003 NYJ 6 - 10 - 0 -
    2005 NYJ 4 - 12 - 0 0 - 0
    2006 KAN 9 - 7 - 0 0 - 1
    2007 KAN 4 - 12 - 0 0 - 0
    2008 KAN 2 - 14 - 0 0 - 0

Seriously. You guys are all special or something . The thread is about what he SAID, not his coaching record. Good grief

I think what they are pointing out is having someone like Herm Edwards or Eric Mangini being called experts is a hard pill to swallow when they were never actually that successful in something they are acting as experts on.