+ Reply to Thread

Rex Ryan prefers firing if Jets owner Woody Johnson won’t spend on offensive changes

Most of you wouldn't want him here but I'd welcome that fat sob with open arms to the DC's office.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/28/re...nsive-changes/

Funny, I was contemplating that very thing earlier today. He's one of the top DC's today.

I have a feeling he won't take anything less then a HC position.

would we have to change to a 3'4 defense? i always thought it would be interesting if we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    I have a feeling he won't take anything less then a HC position.
    Not sure. I think he would take whatever he could get and try to work his way into a head coach position in the future. I think he is better served going into hiding as a coordinator for awhile. If Al Davis was alive I could see him hiring him, but at this point I don't even think Jerry Jones would touch him. Only one big ego could survive in Dallas(eg. Parcells and Jones).

I also expect him to backpedal on his statements soon. Usually the pattern. Rex makes stupid statement, backpedals and either says he didn't make it or should never have made it.

Guess I should've looked at ESPN. Apparently he already backpedaled before I wrote this. So predictable and a horse's ***.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...t-welcome-exit
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 12-29-2012 at 05:31 AM.

So he's blaming it on Woody?
    Is Woody the one speaking to the media, making up stories about Tebow refusing to run the wildcat too?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Is Woody the one speaking to the media, making up stories about Tebow refusing to run the wildcat too?
    I find Rex Ryan and the Jets akin to the WWE...loud and boisterous entertainment. I hope they keep Rex there forever, because as long as he is there they will never win anything. I wish there were 30 other Rex Ryans coaching teams in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Woody's the one who forced Tebow on the organization in the first place, which was the biggest catalyst for the team's destruction.

Bravo to Rex for not going along with it. THIS is the real reason he will be fired.

I wouldnt want this piece of trash anywhere near the Giants sidelines

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Most of you wouldn't want him here but I'd welcome that fat sob with open arms to the DC's office.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/28/re...nsive-changes/
    I dunno he brings a certain ****iness, what if Lovie gets axed? He is a Defense first guy and PREACHES the Takeaway and stripping of the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    would we have to change to a 3'4 defense? i always thought it would be interesting if we did.
    ...worked for Parcells
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 12-29-2012 at 09:47 AM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI