+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Underrated Prospects at this point DEC 29th 2012..

Underrated Prospects at this point DEC 29th 2012..

Obviously guys who are underrated might not stay that way by the time the draft gets here in a few months.. But as of today, DEC 29th 2012, who are some guys who seem to be underrated as far as where most have em mocked or ranked as prospects?

Heres some of my guys i think are underrated at this point...

Darius Slay CB Miss St.- Kids got size and speed, and kinda flys under radar playing with Jonathan Banks.. Most got em as a 4th rder, and i could see em going there or moving up, but regardless being a steal for someone with possible starting capabilities.. Solid ball skills as well..

Blaize Foltz G TCU- One of the better G prospects in the country, dosen't get near the attention he deserves.. He strikes me as a Jerry Reese type pick, as he sees undervalued players pretty well.. Foltz has a NFL body and expierence and more then enough talent..

Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- A bright spot on a horrible team, Hawkinson was once a perdicted 1st rder , and now u see em as late as 7th rd.. Hes played solidly this yr, and reminds me of last yrs Nate Potter outta Boise St.. I could see him moving up a bit as draft nears or going higher when the draft gets here..

Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt- Redeye also likes this RB, and i think he'll make a team happy in the latter stages, and i think hes better then a few of the more touted RB prospects this yr.. He had a monster season and for some reason still falls under the radar? Hes just a flat out "FOOTBALL PLAYER"..

Robbie Rouse RB Fresno St- Not much of a bowl game, but this kid can fly and has been very productive for Fresno.. A great change of pace back, in the mold of a lerod stephens-howling..

Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- Flat out playmaker and penetrator at the DT positon.. Would look great next to a run stuffing beast.. If u need to get more pressure from the middle of the DLINE, Chris Jones could be ur guy.. Reminds me of former LSU prospect DT Drake Nevis...

Josh Boyd DT Miss St- THis teams littered with underrated prospects on d-side of ball.. I've liked quite a few of there players coming out lately , and one in paticular, i thought was very underrated was KJ Wright whos playing well with Seattle now.. Anyhow, Boyd has solid size at 6ft 3in 300lbs, and kinda reminds me of a young Rocky Bernard..

AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Not flashy, but gets the job done.. Leader of a solid defensive unit, and could end up being a starter on a team that covets run stuffers in the middle.. I see some have em as a 6th rder.. I'd be happy with Klein as a early 5th rder, personally..

Bruce Taylor LB Va Tech- heck of a bowl game really turned me on to em.. Could be a 3/4 guy, but thats not the point of this thread.. I think he'll make some one very happy where hes perdicted to be drafted and play much better then his draft stock suggests.

Devonte Holloman LB/S S.Carolina- THis kid out grew S positon, and is a underrated part of the S.CAROLINA stout defense.. He reminds me of a nessecary part of a team.. A guy that does the little things and can be a ST ace as well.. One of my favorite sleeper prospects..

Khalid Wooten CB Nevada- Great size/speed guy, who has some ball skills and some have em not even being drafted.. I'd be more then happy taking a shot on this kid in the 6th-7th rd range...

Brad Sorensen QB Southern Utah- Was a BYU player who transfered.. I watched some tape of him and was amazed at the throws hes capable of making.. Hes a big strong kid as well at 6ft 4in 230plus lbs.. I could see this kid rise with good showing at combine, which i think he'll have..

Alec Lemon WR Syracuse- This kid reminds me of Brian Hartline and i can't get why hes projected so late? I see em as a 4th-5th rd range guy myself..

Marcus Davis WR Va Tech- CBS Sports has em as a 6th rder.. I don't see it.. I think this kids more of a 4th rd type and with any kinda decent 40time, could rise to 3rd rd.. He played with a horrible Logan Thomas, and had he been with a better QB, he'd of put up alot better numbers..

Anyhow, i could write about 15more guys, but i'll stop there for now.. U guys have any one u would like to add to this list or comment on this list?

Daniel McCullers the Mammoth NT from Tennessee. I see most putting him in the 3rd-5th round range which I just dont see. Maybe he comes out next year but just watch this against Missouri. If this guy can just get a little lower no 1 will be able to block him.

1st play he is in the game. They rush 3 the whole interior line blocks him they wrestle him to the ground like that show Cops. The guys on the outside get singled up, they win the 1 on 1's QB down within 4 seconds on a 3 man rush

3rd play the guards stay at home for half a second to pick up the blitz/end comes inside and its to late the Center is mauled and pushed back into the QB before they can help

5th play it looks like the Center and Right Guard have him walled off as the left Guard pulls around them .The Right Guard disengages to block the incoming LB , McCullers tosses the Center aside dives and knocks the ball loose

jesus, that dude is a beast redeye! My lord ! THe power he comes down with to slap that ball loose is amazing.. looked like a giant coming down on a wee little man..lol Mccullers could certainly find his way into RD 1 consdieration if he comes back to UT..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    jesus, that dude is a beast redeye! My lord ! THe power he comes down with to slap that ball loose is amazing.. looked like a giant coming down on a wee little man..lol Mccullers could certainly find his way into RD 1 consdieration if he comes back to UT..
    Look how well he moves for his size that guy is 6'7 380 pounds. Im not sure if he can get his pad level lower because he is just so big but if he gets lower then the guy in front of him there is just no way to block him. U need to block him with 2 guys just to get a stalemate.Could u imagine him on the Giants u could never double JPP again

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Look how well he moves for his size that guy is 6'7 380 pounds. Im not sure if he can get his pad level lower because he is just so big but if he gets lower then the guy in front of him there is just no way to block him. U need to block him with 2 guys just to get a stalemate.Could u imagine him on the Giants u could never double JPP again
    I could see a team like the Steelers want him bad to replace Casey Hampton going forward.. But ya , Linval and McCullers would be monsters in the middle..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I could see a team like the Steelers want him bad to replace Casey Hampton going forward.. But ya , Linval and McCullers would be monsters in the middle..
    We wont draft him because he wont offer enough as a pass rusher but he has some serious upside. He also could have serious back issues

Darius Slay CB Miss St is moving up some draft boards all ready.. Very underrated player...

+ Reply to Thread